$39 CREE Flashlight Combo Package from Gun Shack

This is a discussion on $39 CREE Flashlight Combo Package from Gun Shack within the Gearhog forums, part of the Site Sponsors category; For the first time ever, Gun Shack has put together a special package deal for Black Friday! This flashlight package consists of our flagship G2 ...

Thread: $39 CREE Flashlight Combo Package from Gun Shack

Sponsor

$39 CREE Flashlight Combo Package from Gun Shack

For the first time ever, Gun Shack has put together a special package deal for Black Friday! This flashlight package consists of our flagship G2 flashlight along with our new and popular XG1 and K1 CREE flashlights.

The enhanced G2 flashlight from Gun Shack features dual power capability to run either on a single AA or CR123 battery. The unit features a CREE XR-E Q4 LED for an incredible output of 130 Lumen. The flashlight features a tactile click on/off button on the rear of the flashlight. Once turned on, the user can toggle between high, low, and strobe functions with a quick tap of the on/off button. After turning the light off for 1 second, it will revert back to high the next time it is turned on, regardless what the previous mode was. The flashlight is constructed of anodized 6063-T6 Aircraft Aluminum and features o-ring seals on all parts for optimum weather resistance. The new design maintains the same ultra bright light output on high but now offers the flexibility of a true low output setting suitable for close up work.

Output: 120 Lumen (AA) or 130 Lumen (CR123)
    LED: CREE XR-E Q4-BIN
    LED Life: 50,000 hours
    Battery Life: 1 hr (AA) or 2 hr (CR123)
    Modes: 3 (High, Low, Strobe)
    Length: 4.2" (AA) or 3.6" (CR123)

The XG2 flashlight from Gun Shack features features a CREE XP-E LED for an incredible output of 90 Lumen. The flashlight features a tactile click on/off button on the rear of the flashlight. The flashlight is constructed of anodized 6063-T6 Aircraft Aluminum and features o-ring seals on all parts for optimum weather resistance. Its small size and light weight make it ideal for an ultra small every day carry flashlight.

Output: 90 Lumen
    Power: 1 x AAA
    LED: CREE XP-E
    Battery Life: 1 hr
    Modes: 1 (High)
    Length: 3.6"
    Diameter: 0.6"
    Weight (without battery): 3/4 oz

The K1 from Gun Shack is one of the smallest and brightest AAA flashlight available anywhere. It features a CREE XP-E LED for an incredible output of 90 lumen. The flashlight features a twist on/off head, pocket clip, and key chain. It is constructed of anodized 6063-T6 Aircraft Aluminum and features an O-ring seal for optimum weather resistance. Its ultra small size and light weight make it ideal for an ultra small key chain flashlight that rivals the brightness of other flashlights 10 times the size.

Output: 90 Lumen
    Power: 1 x AAA
    LED: CREE XP-E
    Battery Life: 1 hr
    Modes: 1 (High)
    Length: 2.5"
    Diameter: 0.57" Head, 0.49" Body
    Weight (without battery): 1/3 oz

More...

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array BadgerJ's Avatar
    Superb post, great analysis of features.

Only thing is, that below 200 lumens actual output, you just have an ordinary flashlight, it's not tactical (IMO).

In addition all the 'features' like 'strobing and settings' is only confusing in a tactical situation.

You want a light that is simple, one feature, maybe a low light also, the length of your palm (sideways), butt cap switch, light enough to carry in a shirt pocket and that's really it. Having a bunch of 90 to 120 lights is nice for kids or for finding your keyhole, but I don't carry for that reason.

I bought two of the G2 lights this time last year. One for me, one for my brother.

They both have held up fine, no reliability issues.

Being able to use AAs or cr123s is nice, but to me the light is too short with a cr123. I like having high and low output, strobe just doesn't have any real uses for me.

The only gripe I have is for the light to turn on at all you have to push the button all the way until it clicks AND then let go of it. The light doesn't come on as soon as you apply pressure so you can't easily use it "momentarily." You would have to click it on, click it off. This would be a great flashlight if that was changed.

I disagree that you have to have 200 lumens to be effective for defensive use. People have been using the 60ish lumen older Surefires for years. I still have an older 6P led that I still use as well.
    ~Mike
    Glock 17, Dale Fricke Archangel, Wilderness Tactical belt.
    My Guns and Tattoos Blog