Defensive Carry banner

Aint anyone messing with this guy even without his gun....

1K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  jeephipwr 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Have to admit, what the anti-gun stated made me think. Do I really feel safer if I see a pistol strapped to everyone's side.

Naturally a vast difference between being more safe and "feeling" safe.

Having a firearm on everyones hip OC does bring safety in your face (maybe where it belongs).

Then again, it would be like living in a world where everyone wore a gas mask. I would not deny the persons right to do it, but not sure I would want to live in a world were that was considered the most logical solution.

I'm not against OC, jut not convinced everyone with an OC is the solution.

#5 ·
I liked the report, I love how the anti's always love to bring the children into the picture, that's their favorite and only tactic anymore.

#8 ·
I think of that when camping and my 9 year old has her airsoft Glock in her holster. Yes it's an airsoft, but it sure looks exactly real. They'd probably have a heart attack if they saw her.

#7 ·
I'm wondering, where is this 'civilized society' of which she speaks?:rolleyes:
Certainly not my neck of the woods...:nono:

#13 ·
It was a good report. I thought it was balanced. As for the big guy being on the juice, he sure seemed level-headed and polite to me, not at all aggressive or angry. And like several have said, I wouldn't mess with him armed or otherwise!

I don't OC a lot, but have no problem with those who do. Here in AZ we have found that there has been NO increase in armed confrontations with OC being explicitly legal. When we began allowing CCW holders to carry in restaurants that serve alcohol there was much angst, but to date (going on 6 months) there has been no increase in violence there. So if it works here it will work in many other places as well.

#14 ·
Back on topic ...

Sounded like a very decent report, devoid of the sort of screeching, fearful claims that are so often part of a reporter's line of questioning. This reporter seemed to simply want to get to the heart of the rationale as to why the carry of firearms was needed. He didn't seem to be clouded by the issue.

Interestingly, the "anti-gun campaigner" was represented by someone from the Wisconsin Anti-Violence Effort. One would think that a group against violence would be for the idea of lowering the risk of violence touching our families. Instead, the typical fear of firearms was on display:

"What we are teaching our children and grandchildren is that the best way to live amongst each other is armed. I think that's a pretty sad statement for a civil society to make."
Yes, the state of civilization is a sad statement, indeed. What our society has taught our children is that our collective best efforts have no chance of stopping crime on the instant of crime occurring, in spite of what it's able to achieve after the fact during the "clean up" stages.

Instead, what we should be able to teach our children is that firearms themselves hold no threat or fear, that instead it is criminals and crime that are the problem.

Instead, what children should appreciate is the simple fact that NOBODY except ourselves are going to be responsible on the instant of crime finding us to defend against that crime.

It's simply too naive for words to believe that an effective withstanding of a criminal's attack is going to magically appear because we wish it to be. It's a far more practical and reasonable thing to teach our children that they have a responsibility to not take the precious gift of life with contempt, to instead value it so highly that they we're to defend it at all costs. Our children should understand that the only practical way to be able to withstand attack and survive it is to be able to defend against it, if it should occur. And the ONLY practical, effective way to do that is to be armed.

It's great to see such a report coming out of Wisconsin. Way to go!, citizens of the Badger state. Keep the faith. At some point, we'll all (hopefully) see the end of blind criminalization of upstanding citizens who seek to carry arms in defense of their families.

#15 ·
I didnt like one thing the reporter stated "That they were protesting for the right to shoot an attacker". If that were the case, we would be protesting in order to buy "hunting permits". He missed the point on this one. They want the right to protect themselves, if needed, if not needed, then even better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.