Aint anyone messing with this guy even without his gun....

Aint anyone messing with this guy even without his gun....

This is a discussion on Aint anyone messing with this guy even without his gun.... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Dude is HUGE. ...Good report pretty unbiased from across the pond... Video>> BBC News - US gun supporters raise pressure...

Thread: Aint anyone messing with this guy even without his gun....

Arrow Aint anyone messing with this guy even without his gun....

Dude is HUGE....Good report pretty unbiased from across the pond...

Video>> BBC News - US gun supporters raise pressure
    You may not like guns. You may choose not to own one. That is your right.
    You might not believe in God. That is your choice.
    However, if someone breaks into your home at 3AM the first two things you are going to do are:
    1) Call someone with a gun.
    2)Pray they get there in time." - A wise man

That dude had 3 guns 2 biguns and a little glock
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    That dude had 3 guns 2 biguns and a little glock
    That is a full size Glock, it just looks small next to him.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Have to admit, what the anti-gun stated made me think. Do I really feel safer if I see a pistol strapped to everyone's side.

Naturally a vast difference between being more safe and "feeling" safe.

Having a firearm on everyones hip OC does bring safety in your face (maybe where it belongs).

Then again, it would be like living in a world where everyone wore a gas mask. I would not deny the persons right to do it, but not sure I would want to live in a world were that was considered the most logical solution.

I'm not against OC, jut not convinced everyone with an OC is the solution.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    I liked the report, I love how the anti's always love to bring the children into the picture, that's their favorite and only tactic anymore.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Quote Originally Posted by deadeye72 View Post
    That is a full size Glock, it just looks small next to him.
    I knew that,but compared to his arms he makes that thing look tiny
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I'm wondering, where is this 'civilized society' of which she speaks?
    Certainly not my neck of the woods...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
    I liked the report, I love how the anti's always love to bring the children into the picture, that's their favorite and only tactic anymore.
    I think of that when camping and my 9 year old has her airsoft Glock in her holster. Yes it's an airsoft, but it sure looks exactly real. They'd probably have a heart attack if they saw her.

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
    Kids are 10x more likely to die in a backyard pool/pond. Something like 30 vs. 300 deaths per year. I'd like to see that stat based on a per pool and per gun number. How can the anti's counter that lone fact? You can't eliminate ALL risk for everyone. People die falling down stairs, etc.

OD*
    "Especially in a civilized society...."
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    When criminals are civilized (ie non-existent) then I won't worry about carrying a firearm. Until then, why should I make myself at a disadvantage?

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I'm wondering, where is this 'civilized society' of which she speaks?
    Certainly not my neck of the woods...
    +1 on that.

bosco

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    It was a good report. I thought it was balanced. As for the big guy being on the juice, he sure seemed level-headed and polite to me, not at all aggressive or angry. And like several have said, I wouldn't mess with him armed or otherwise!

I don't OC a lot, but have no problem with those who do. Here in AZ we have found that there has been NO increase in armed confrontations with OC being explicitly legal. When we began allowing CCW holders to carry in restaurants that serve alcohol there was much angst, but to date (going on 6 months) there has been no increase in violence there. So if it works here it will work in many other places as well.
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

Thumbs up

Back on topic ...

Sounded like a very decent report, devoid of the sort of screeching, fearful claims that are so often part of a reporter's line of questioning. This reporter seemed to simply want to get to the heart of the rationale as to why the carry of firearms was needed. He didn't seem to be clouded by the issue.

Interestingly, the "anti-gun campaigner" was represented by someone from the Wisconsin Anti-Violence Effort. One would think that a group against violence would be for the idea of lowering the risk of violence touching our families. Instead, the typical fear of firearms was on display:

"What we are teaching our children and grandchildren is that the best way to live amongst each other is armed. I think that's a pretty sad statement for a civil society to make."
    Yes, the state of civilization is a sad statement, indeed. What our society has taught our children is that our collective best efforts have no chance of stopping crime on the instant of crime occurring, in spite of what it's able to achieve after the fact during the "clean up" stages.

Instead, what we should be able to teach our children is that firearms themselves hold no threat or fear, that instead it is criminals and crime that are the problem.

Instead, what children should appreciate is the simple fact that NOBODY except ourselves are going to be responsible on the instant of crime finding us to defend against that crime.

It's simply too naive for words to believe that an effective withstanding of a criminal's attack is going to magically appear because we wish it to be. It's a far more practical and reasonable thing to teach our children that they have a responsibility to not take the precious gift of life with contempt, to instead value it so highly that they we're to defend it at all costs. Our children should understand that the only practical way to be able to withstand attack and survive it is to be able to defend against it, if it should occur. And the ONLY practical, effective way to do that is to be armed.

It's great to see such a report coming out of Wisconsin. Way to go!, citizens of the Badger state. Keep the faith. At some point, we'll all (hopefully) see the end of blind criminalization of upstanding citizens who seek to carry arms in defense of their families.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I didnt like one thing the reporter stated "That they were protesting for the right to shoot an attacker". If that were the case, we would be protesting in order to buy "hunting permits". He missed the point on this one. They want the right to protect themselves, if needed, if not needed, then even better.

Sponsored Links