I frequent a couple of public ranges in my area and have noticed a difference in the various rules and regs each one has. While I haven't questioned or opposed any of them, I'm curious the know if anyone can explain why one would be "stricter" on certain policies than another. The following are examples of what I have come across:
1. No double tap or rapid fire
2. No full size LE targets, size is restricted to approx 24" x 24"
3. Shooter is only allowed to load 5 rounds at any one time
4. No steel tipped ammo, eg. Wolf. This has already been discussed in previous posts
5. All weapons must be cased. Holstered weapons are not allowed
As I said, these rules are used my only one of the two ranges I use most often. Has anyone else experienced these or other "strict" rules that are not necessarily used elsewhere?
FYI: The explanation given to me for the restriction on Wolf is tendancy for steel tips to ricochet off hard surfaces. Whatever.