From Concealed carry holsters thread-Sigma

This is a discussion on From Concealed carry holsters thread-Sigma within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Nope, I won't bash a Sigma, one of my guns is a Makarov And I like it! Small, accurate as I need it to be. ...

Thread: From Concealed carry holsters thread-Sigma

From Concealed carry holsters thread-Sigma

Nope, I won't bash a Sigma, one of my guns is a Makarov

And I like it!
    Small, accurate as I need it to be. Yes, it is inexpensive and a pain in the (ha, gotcha) hand to shoot and has a horrendous trigger pull on the first (DA) shot but it shoots every time.

Yep, I have some "higher end" hardware and will get more but the Mak will stay in the collection and I'm also considering an RIA.
    Talk about guns getting bashed? I have one and want to try the other.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    I've had the Sigma, and thought is was a pretty nice carry. It "feels" better in my hand than the Glock23. I found a CZ100 that I wanted -- so I worked a deal. I traded the Sigma and $50.00 for the CZ100. I have a G32 barrel for the G23. So I got a bit more tied up in it than the Sigma, that why I traded it, instead of trying to do something with the Glock. But I do like the Glock with the .357sig barrel in it. As for the RIA I have two and think they are great pistols.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by .45acp
    Nope, I won't bash a Sigma, one of my guns is a Makarov

And I like it!
    Small, accurate as I need it to be. Yes, it is inexpensive and a pain in the (ha, gotcha) hand to shoot and has a horrendous trigger pull on the first (DA) shot but it shoots every time.
    Your Mak is probably a 9X18 not a .380 and you are probably using Wolf 100 gr. rounds. I have two Maks a Bulgarian .380 that is a dream and a Russian 9X18 which is great with Black Bear 92 gr, but is a bear with the 100 gr. My double action first round trigger pull has improved with use. The Bulgarian was good to start with and is fabulous now. The Russian felt like it had grit in it at first, but after I started using the Black Bear and put a hundred or so rounds through it the trigger has smoothed up quite a bit. It is now about like the Bulgy was to start. I need to get some more 92 gr. ammo so that I can fire it some more. I won't shoot more than one mag of the 100 gr. per trip to the range. When I finish with that my hand feels like it used to when I was about 12 and had pushed my dad's old power mower for an hour or so. Not a pleasant sensation.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    I've never been around a Makarov. I've some pretty good things about them though. The CZ100 that I traded for is a smaller profile pistol than the Sigma. I went from S&W.40 with the Sigma to a 9mm in the CZ100. But 13 and 1 in the tube is plenty. The trigger pull is a long fairly heavy one. But it does not pull you off target when you squeese the trigger. After a little sandpaper in a couple of spots it's a lot smoother. Still pretty heavy,but not enough to matter. Overall I believe it will be a very nice carry when I want something lighter and smaller than a 1911, and want a auto instead of one of the revolvers.

Lead Moderator
    nothing wrong with a lower cost gun, if it goes bang, its better than a cell phone or a pointy stick.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

i have a sigma 40 and its ok. Very cheap(290 nib) Not great or really accurate, but it is reliable and shoots everytime and with every ammo i've tried. I keep it loaded and ready to rock in my living room coffee table.(No kids enter my apartment so no freaking out) Like the grip alot better than the G19 and the slides are interchangeable.(not going to try shooting it though!) hmmm no wonder they got sued.
    "In those days, there was a lot more respect for other people and it showed in peoples values.... Today the word value means nothing more than something you get on the $1 menu at McDonald's." -BARK'N

Links