Fire mission/poll: Should police sell or destroy crime guns? - Page 4

Fire mission/poll: Should police sell or destroy crime guns?

This is a discussion on Fire mission/poll: Should police sell or destroy crime guns? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by razor02097 I wasn't talking about it being a "gun right". It has nothing to do with gun rights! It's the fact that ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by razor02097 View Post
    I wasn't talking about it being a "gun right". It has nothing to do with gun rights!

It's the fact that I and others would have to pay tax money to destroy potential revenue for police departments to upgrade their gear or have it donated to a charity.

Also.... yeah it is sad to see perfectly good guns destroyed because they don't know what else to do with them, or they aren't allowed to sell them to responsible law abiding people.
    Well sort of.

I would agree that gun destruction "in-and-of-itself" is not a RKBA issue -- were the Anti-RKBA press and Brady/his-dishonor-from-NYC front groups not objecting w/ their "crime-gun", "too-many-guns-on-the-street", etc manta.

However, the demonizing guns (to represent guns as evil or diabolic) is a favorite Anti-RKBA ploy used as a brainwashing drum beat manta to sway the .

I, for one, feel that their action, alone, makes issues such as this part of the battleground for RKBA. As always, YMMV.

So, I feel it would be a mistake to stand by idly while the Antis usurp an issue (however tangent) as an emotional building block for their nonsense position.

I agree that we should not project our arguments as Pro-RKBA, per se. However, IMHO, we need to attack the "demonization" of guns as being poor fiscal policy based on illogical reaction to misinformation and not cede an emotional point to the Antis. They base their strategy on emotional building blocks. Exposing the flaws one-block-at-a-time helps expose the lack of any solid foundation for their position.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    well my stand point on the guns is that of the logical thing... I'm not going to get caught up in emotional side. Just because someone died in a car sitting in a salvage yard doesn't mean I won't pull the window switch I need for my car. Some people wouldn't. When you break down devices you would realize that its all just raw materials metal, plastic, silicon, fiberglass, etc,etc. From the standpoint of device definition a gun is no different then a car is no different then a coffee maker. They are all "things".

My argument is that of people wanting to destroy guns that could be sold for cash to help people that need it! It costs money to destroy them so you are compounding the issue. Not only would the police lose out on the money but it costs more money. How hard is it to understand that?

*Steps down from soapbox*
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Quote Originally Posted by razor02097 View Post
    ...It has nothing to do with gun rights!...
    On this we agree.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links