It is not smart to wave fake guns..

This is a discussion on It is not smart to wave fake guns.. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Police take hard line on fake guns - Local News - Hawke's Bay Today Police take hard line on fake guns ROGER MORONEY | 19th ...

Thread: It is not smart to wave fake guns..

Police take hard line on fake guns - Local News - Hawke's Bay Today

Police take hard line on fake guns

ROGER MORONEY | 19th March 2010

* Email Story Email Story
    * Print Print
    * Smaller larger text larger | smaller

Police have vowed to take a tougher line with anyone carrying a fake firearm following an incident in Napier yesterday - the second time in a fortnight police have been called to investigate a gun sighting.

"Reckless and irresponsible," was Senior Sergeant Sarah Stewart's summation of yesterday's events.

Police received a call just after 2.15pm from a motorist who had spotted a woman passenger in a passing car waving around what appeared to be a pistol.

Police, several of them armed, intercepted the vehicle in Carlyle St, not far from the central city, and questioned the teenage occupants. The "firearm" was located and seized. It was a plastic fake.

"This was the second incident of this type in two weeks where people have been in possession of, or pointing, imitation firearms from vehicles in public places," Ms Stewart said.

Apart from the injury pellet or slug guns had the potential to cause, they also created "considerable" alarm to members of the public, she said.

Senior Sergeant Dan Foley said the teenage girl was made "very aware" of the seriousness of the situation, but was not charged.

"But we are re-assessing this and we will be taking a harder line."

Mr Foley said young people figured it was harmless to drive around and play with pellet guns but the day was coming when someone would be explaining their actions to a judge, not an officer at the roadside.

Would be a terrible tragedy for someone joking around to get shot.
    You may not like guns. You may choose not to own one. That is your right.
    You might not believe in God. That is your choice.
    However, if someone breaks into your home at 3AM the first two things you are going to do are:
    1) Call someone with a gun.
    2)Pray they get there in time." - A wise man

CMR
    Had two frat brothers do that back in college. They were driving around and one of them held up a squirt gun, which looked like a real gun. Somebody reported it and gave a description of their vehicle. They pulled in into our house parking lot and a couple seconds later, here come three cop cars, blazing. The blocked the car in the parking space and did a felony stop on them. Ordered their hands out of the car and ordered them out one at a time and face down on the ground, guns drawn on them. The officers searched the car and found the squirt gun.
    Needless to say, they got an earfull from the officers.
    For a lot of people, being a victim is a way of Life. That's a Life I choose NOT to live.

A Shepherd must tend to his Flock. And at times........fight off the wolves.

There are numerous incidents of individuals being shot by LEO's after pulling/pointing, etc., toy guns at them, after they identified themselves as LEO's . Now days most toy guns have the front of the barell painted orange, but that is hard to see in the dark, and most times you don't want to waste the time looking for the orange when a weapon is being pulled on you, you can wind up quite dead that way. It's a shame, but some individuals do not seem to understand the position they are putting themselves in when they act in this manner. It also does not help the LEO who has taken legal action that he will regret for the rest of his live.

Sounds like a good way to get yourself killed for doing something stupid
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

My Dad got proned out about 30 years ago,Little brother in car with friends skipping work,one friends discharges starter pistol at a red light,next lane over is off duty cop that thinks he just got shot at and starts chasing my brother,my brother outruns him thinking it's a nut and starts dropping friends off at home,mom and dad looking fer him find him and Dad gets in his car to drive it home,he gets about 100 yards before the whole world gets crazy,His words I've never seen so many Fn guns in my life.Mom is driving Brother home and every intersection has a cop blocking traffic,they wave her thru and she thinks boy they sure are nice.Pretty soon shes got about 6 cop cars following her,as she pulls into the driveway all hell breaks loose and shes got a cop telling her at gunpoint to turn the car off and she starts arguing with him.Cop on other side motions at my brother and he gets out and goes prone.Dad gets home and changes underwear before heading to Police station to find out what happened.Cops got all four Idiots in station threatening to throw them under the jail.They got off with disorderly conduct
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

the biggest problem is the air guns that look just like real guns....bottom line when someone waves around an air gun recklessly in public., I think that they should be charged with brandishing cause that air gun could get a prankster killed by an increasing number of CCers that might not have the restraint that some cops do. IMHO.....If someone points an airgun at me, I am afraid its not gonna be a fair fight.. I would feel terrible and it would be a rallying cry for the antis against CC.
    You may not like guns. You may choose not to own one. That is your right.
    You might not believe in God. That is your choice.
    However, if someone breaks into your home at 3AM the first two things you are going to do are:
    1) Call someone with a gun.
    2)Pray they get there in time." - A wise man

Sponsored Links