CZ 527 Carbine

This is a discussion on CZ 527 Carbine within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Has anyone on the forum owned one of these rifles. They come in either .223 or 7.62 x39 I do believe.........................

Thread: CZ 527 Carbine

CZ 527 Carbine

Has anyone on the forum owned one of these rifles. They come in either .223 or 7.62 x39 I do believe......................

2. Remove Ads

I have not, yet the CZ line of rifles is well respected. They use a Mauser type bolt.

Thumbs up

Yes, I have one I use for varmint hunting. The two-stage trigger is exceptional. I'm a new fan of the Mauser bolt.

May we never forget those in uniform who protect us night and day in lands far away. And those in all wars who paid the supreme sacrifice in defense of our country. May God Bless our Troops and First Responders.

I have thought about buying one now for a couple years, I just keep putting it off. How did you like shooting it with the hooded front sight, before you put a scope on it ?..

Quote Originally Posted by psycho1 View Post
    How did you like shooting it with the hooded front sight, before you put a scope on it ?..
    To be honest, my shooting it without the scope was nothing to brag about. It's a very lightweight rifle and can certainly be used without a scope. I would have preferred it not be scoped, but my eyesight screams scope for long distance accuracy. The wood grain is far too nice to lug around the tree limbs. I wasn't sure about it's shooting ability, since I had never owned a CZ firearm. It was used and I was sold on the wood finish, the bolt action and especially the trigger. This rifle works for me because I use it in open farm fields and 100-150 yard distances.
    May we never forget those in uniform who protect us night and day in lands far away. And those in all wars who paid the supreme sacrifice in defense of our country. May God Bless our Troops and First Responders.

I agree, the CZ rifles have very nice wood grains on all their rifles, and I do like the size of the 527, I actually held one at my local Gander Mountain one time.

Links