What this revolver is worth, your opinions

This is a discussion on What this revolver is worth, your opinions within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hey fellas, I have a .22 revolver and was wondering from the experts, would you think there would be willing people out there that would ...

Thread: What this revolver is worth, your opinions

Ox [OP]

Hey fellas, I have a .22 revolver and was wondering from the experts, would you think there would be willing people out there that would trade another firearm for it?

I actually have it posted (plenty of pics) here,
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...winder-il.html

I know what it goes for used on buying offline, but would anyone do a trade-trade deal you think?

I'm just looking to get my wife a good firearm that she's comfy with, and later on, use for CCW...doesn't have to be fancy, just function.

I'm just curious if I'm wasting my time with trying to trade that one off or not.
    NRA Member

That's not a high dollar gun to begin with. Wasn't too many years ago they could be had in 100% like new condition for under $100. A gun shop won't normally give you value on a trade anyway since they have to turn around and sell it at a profit. With your front sight missing you'll not likely get much on a trade at a gun shop. Probably get trade value in the neighborhood of $25. It's just not a sought after gun in the trade or used market.
    You'd be better off trying to sell it out right altho with the front sight missing it really cuts the value. Cost to replace the front sight would be about the value of the gun.
    183 FBINA

Ox [OP]
    ...Ouch.

Hmm, well could you throw any suggestions my way to a good Self defense handgun for a woman to carry that's fairly cheap?
    As long as it is a reliable/good firearm, the lower the cost the better, we're not aiming for looks, but for function.

...Revolver, pistol, doesn't matter.

I feel cheap firearms won't really be a reliable and good gun, but what do I know, so the cheapest "good" gun any of you know of, recommend to me please.
    NRA Member

Taurus snubbie revolvers are a good value choice.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Neat little gun. Could use it myself. Probably be a solid choice to teach akid to shoot handguns. Not a lot of monetary value to it though.

Administrator
    A local "smith" can Silver Braze a new, simple generic front sight on there for not too much $$$.

If it's an accurate firearm I'd get a front sight put on it and hold onto it as fun plinker since you're probably not going to get you a can o' beans for it on resale or trade.

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    Taurus snubbie revolvers are a good value choice.
    Agreed... and it's tough to wear out most snubbies, so used ones are typically in good shape. Charter Arms - made within the past 5 years or so, same comments.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Quote Originally Posted by Ox View Post
    ...Ouch.

Hmm, well could you throw any suggestions my way to a good Self defense handgun for a woman to carry that's fairly cheap?
    As long as it is a reliable/good firearm, the lower the cost the better, we're not aiming for looks, but for function.

...Revolver, pistol, doesn't matter.

I feel cheap firearms won't really be a reliable and good gun, but what do I know, so the cheapest "good" gun any of you know of, recommend to me please.

I can tell you I picked up my Ruger P95 9mm for $299 at my local gun shop. Has 400 rounds through it now. While it had 2-3 FTF's during the initial 200 round break-in period, it has been flawless since. Every other review I have read on this gun (aside from one or two lemons) has said about the same.

On the down side, it is fairly large (4" barrel) and somewhat heavy for a woman. However, if she was planning on carrying it in her purse to begin with, I don't think it would be an issue.

Sponsored Links