Went shopping...

This is a discussion on Went shopping... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I finally got home from Central CA after closing out my dad's estate. Now I just have to figure out how to explain my shopping ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Went shopping...

Went shopping...

I finally got home from Central CA after closing out my dad's estate. Now I just have to figure out how to explain my shopping spree to my husband...

Ruger Blackhawk convertible revolver .45acp and .45 Long Colt

2 Ruger SR9s...what can I say, it was a great deal!

Ruger MK2 Target .22...my son(2.5 years old) is trying to claim this one

CMMG M4 LE 16"

Then I went and dropped about $650 on ammo, you can't have new babies with out ammo...

At least I didn't buy shoes!
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws... serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Cesare Beccaria

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Nice assortment
    I'm not much of a shopper, until I get inside a Fun Shop
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

VIP Member
    Nice collection. Keep up the good work
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

I finally got home from Central CA after closing out my dad's estate. Now I just have to figure out how to explain my shopping spree to my husband...
    Well duh......They were part of your dad's estate and you just couldn't bring yourself to part with them..........That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    Well duh......They were part of your dad's estate and you just couldn't bring yourself to part with them..........That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    I wish I could use that one, but my husband knows they aren't. I'm thinking that I'll just take him to the range and have these hidden in the back till it comes time to shoot.
    What guy can refuse a loaded firearm in his hand at the range?

Although, I went out and bought guns, and he went out and bought a new washer and dryer to replace a working set that had no problems...
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws... serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Cesare Beccaria

VIP Member
    You might try, "They were orphans and you're giving them a good home". Since you didn't buy any new shoes, that should give you some brownie points!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Although, I went out and bought guns, and he went out and bought a new washer and dryer to replace a working set that had no problems...
    OK.....I'm an old foggie here; but something just seems WRONG here!!

Firearms are an investment.. you just diversified some of your money. :-)

What was wrong was how excited he was over the washer and dryer...I love my husband, but sometimes he confuses me.

For myself, on the other hand, I am jumping up and down till I can get to the range to try out the .45 Long Colt! I just hope my wrist holds up.

Quote Originally Posted by mamakennedy View Post
    Don't, drop him and come marry me.

I like the 6 gun

Quote Originally Posted by Phantoms View Post
    Don't, drop him and come marry me.

Thanks for the offer, but I'm rather attached to my husband even though he confuses me at times.

Maddyfish- I'll have to get a few more picks of it up. It has some nice scroll work on the .45 Long Colt cylinder

What? These old guns? I've had these forever. It is a standard answer and is not considered a lie unless uttered by a man.
    Or, they were on sale, I thought you would be happy because of all the money I saved.

I think the 45 Colt is one of the mildest reoiling guns I have owned, as long as you stick to factory ammo.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

That is one lucky guy. If you dump him, give me a call.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Quote Originally Posted by mamakennedy View Post
    Yeah you two are even in my book then

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links