Something I never thought would happen...

Something I never thought would happen...

This is a discussion on Something I never thought would happen... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I finally caved in and decided to buy a 9mm gun primarily for the range, despite the ribbing I've been getting from my local gun ...

Thread: Something I never thought would happen...

Lightbulb Something I never thought would happen...

I finally caved in and decided to buy a 9mm gun primarily for the range, despite the ribbing I've been getting from my local gun buddies for even considering anything less than 45ACP. Ammo costs are eating into my budget so I did the math and figured I'd get a return on my investment in about a year.

Income tax return money in hand I have been eying the XDM 4.5" 9MM. Seems like the price has been going up and up, so I started looking around at alternatives. Ended up bringing a brand new Glock 17 Gen 4 home today for $520 from my local range that also happens to be a big Glock and Sig armorer. Seems fairly cheaper than any of the other low-ball priced gun shops around here or internet sales when you factor in shipping and FFL transfer fees.

Never thought I would invest in 9mm, much less Glock. So far I'm quite happy with my purchase. Damn, maybe all those Glock arguments finally got to me.

Ox
    Years down the road, I may just get a Glock.

But for now, I'm trusting and happy with Springfield.
    Arguments always come up between the two, but they both are great reliable firearms.

Grats on your new purchase, I know my next gun will be a 9mm.
    NRA Member

Well you got a full-sized pistol that will last you forever...quality and dependability beyond all normal expectations, and then much more!
    Congrats!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Nice! Like everyone else already said, you have reliable gun that will outlast you.

And if your .45 buddies are giving you grief, tell them I have some Desert Eagle .50 friends who think THEY are soft.

evo
    Nice. I'm sure that Glock is going to make you very happy
    Benjamin Franklin: "They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security."

Good for you on the new G17! You won't regret it, nor the switch to 9mm. Not a bad price retail, about the going rate here. Maybe all of those Glock "arguments" should have got to you sooner? Nobody can say, but you're in it now, and best wishes. Glock on!

Links