Glock-a-like Inquiry: The ISSC 22LR aka Fake Glock 19 in .22

This is a discussion on Glock-a-like Inquiry: The ISSC 22LR aka Fake Glock 19 in .22 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hi there guys. I went to the South Florida gun show yesterday just for kicks. Have been in the ideation stages for my second firearm ...

Thread: Glock-a-like Inquiry: The ISSC 22LR aka Fake Glock 19 in .22

Glock-a-like Inquiry: The ISSC 22LR aka Fake Glock 19 in .22

Hi there guys. I went to the South Florida gun show yesterday just for kicks. Have been in the ideation stages for my second firearm since mere moments after purchasing my first one just about exactly one month ago.

Actually, a local shooting friend let me fire her Browning Buck Mark .22 at the range a few weeks ago and it was a true pleasure, plus a little ego boosting because after learning to shoot on Glock 22 .40 S&W, my skills at shooting with the 22 were so great that 18 of 20 bullets hit within the bullseye ring of her target.

Woweee! Color me a .22 convert. So, for cheap ammunition and plentiful, guilt-free target shooting purposes I have been idly "shopping" for a .22 ever since. I liked that Buck Mark, true, however I have been slowly getting more enamored of the Walther P22. After having my friend "introduce" me to the dealer at the show that had the p22's for sale, both she and the dealer "sold" me on the idea of this very Glock-tacular .22LR pistol, also made in Austria and initially touted by the dealer as "the new .22lr Glock".

I did not want to buy it on sight because a) didn't have the money, really and b) didn't want to commit to a brand or weapon without having done some research and having some knowledge about the weapon first.

Since I got home, I have found the ISSC reviewed in a video on YouTube, and for few of them for sale on auction sites. One auctioneer mentioned on his as that ISSC is currently being sued by Glock for copying their design (it's main selling point) and that these little shooters may not be around for long.

Right now, all my info seems very "hearsay", including from the dealer. Does anyone have any knowledge of ISSC, or know of any research, threads, or source of further information? It would be greatly appreciated!

Links here:
    ISSC M22 Glock 17 like 22lr 22 lr pistol : Semi-auto at GunBroker.com
    YouTube - Austrian Sporting Arms M22

It seems like the going price is hovering in the $350-$400 range. Which is a little pricey but not necessarily pricier than the Walther P22 I have been eyeing.

What do you guys think?
    People who like this sort of thing will find this the sort of thing they like.
    - Abraham Lincoln

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    - Winston Churchill

2. Remove Ads

Depends on what your purpose for it is. By the sounds of things, it could become a collectible. Things like this happen every so often, and opportunities arise once in a while. Judging the market is always a gamble unless you're an insider. Have some foresight others don't? It could be a grab it now deal. But investments usually take time (long term). Difficult to say. I haven't heard of this until now. If Glock is suing the manufacturer over the model or design, you can almost bet on a good investment on the current model available. To what end I couldn't tell you, but sure to become rare as Glock will win in the long run no problem. There will be some design change without a doubt, or it will become unavailable all-together. Just my 2. Take it for what you will.

Thanks! Yeah, my purpose for a 22lr is for inexpensive shooting. Not looking to compete. Am looking for something fun and within the $350 or below price range. Could care less, at this point in my nascent gun purchasing career, to make purchases based on prognostications of future resale estimates of what's not currently a collector's item.

Basically, if it shoots well, if the company can be expected to still be in existence 3, 6, 12 months into my ownership and can support any troubles or defects in workmanship, and it fits the price range, it works for me.

I should clarify what kind of information I'm looking for: ISSC the company -- who/what are they, do they make anything else? Or is their whole entire business based on making fake-a-likes of other people's guns, and if so, are they at risk for not just this model but all models being based on proprietary designs?

Does anyone know anything about their customer service and willingness to stand by their product?

Has anyone personally fired one of these 22LR Glock-like models, are they fun to shoot? Are they accurate enough to be worth their price?

Does anyone have any detailed information or guidance on how I can find out about the court case in Austria that is evidently in progress? (In English)
    - Abraham Lincoln

- Winston Churchill

I love my p22, but after that video i want one of these too.
    You may not like guns. You may choose not to own one. That is your right.
    You might not believe in God. That is your choice.
    However, if someone breaks into your home at 3AM the first two things you are going to do are:
    1) Call someone with a gun.
    2)Pray they get there in time." - A wise man

Quote Originally Posted by DIXIETWISTER View Post
    I love my p22, but after that video i want one of these too.
    How long have you had it? Have you had any troubles with it? I watched a couple youtube videos tonight that pretty much made the argument that if I want a 22LR I do not want a p22. The first one (or rather, 2 companion videos, one range time and the other a desktop review) was done by a guy named Nutnfancy, and although it looks like fun to shoot, he spent most of his review time talking about all the reasons why you should get a Ruger or Browning instead. He made a lot of (LOT of) references to issues with durability and functionality, trips back to the shop for maintenance, etc. but didn't go into that in any detail.

The other reviewer, clearly someone stuck with a bad seed but still not appearing overly argumentative, angry, or spiteful else I wouldn't have taken anything he said into account, had a very thought provoking on-screen demonstration of no fewer than 3 major design flaws that clearly make his pistol so troubled as to be fairly called (by me not him) "unshootable". His takedown button was loose and would cause the slide to release and the whole slide, barrel, guide rod and spring to shoot out into the air and onto the floor while shooting his gun. His issue with the guide rod and spring design seemed perfectly valid. Maybe I'm spoiled by my Glock design, but having to fudge with the guide rod, guide rod extender, and a loose guide spring every time I field strip my gun would get tiresome really fast. And he demonstrated issues with the magazine, the cocked hammer, and the path the bullet takes from the magazine to the chamber which altogether spell out a failure to feed problem which occurs on his pistol with roughly 8 out of 10 pulls of the trigger.

Both video reviewers said that the p22 is extremely finicky with ammunition and needs the good (read: high velocity) more expensive ammo to operate at all reliably.

Do you find any of these issues to be true with your experience with your p22?
    - Abraham Lincoln

- Winston Churchill

2 bad reviews from one forum I frequent.

Cleaned it and the finish came off.

ISSC M22 - CarolinaShootersForum.com

This guy now wants to sell his.

quick review - ISSC M22 - glock-like .22lr - CarolinaShootersForum.com

I have a Ruger Mark II and love it. It has a few problems with certain types of ammo. But most .22 ammo has occasional problems.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

i like my p22 but it is ammo sensitive. Likes cci mini mags and not much else , so far. Don't have much experience with other 22 other than the p22.

Thank you guys. I read all the carolina threads and I have to say, I am very thankful that I did not get sucked in to the sales pitch on that M22 glockalike.

It sounds like, if I'm not in a huuuuuge hurry for a 22LR, there's an outside chance that the company will iron out all their design problems and ultimately arrive at a decent gun. Not sure I want to wait that long. Plus, there's no guarantee they will be able to continue production at all if the rumor about a law suit from Glock is true.

Two potential 22 options down. That Advantage Arms 22LR conversion kit is looking better and better. Maybe I'll look a little closer at the Browning before I decide for certain.
    - Abraham Lincoln

- Winston Churchill

If you want to 'train' with "your Glock" then the Advantage Arms conversion is the way to go.

I like my Buckmark, but there is no XD .22 conversion available that I know of, so....
    Sean
    XD 9SC | XD 45ACP Service | XD 45ACP Compact |Borealis
    "You may know where you are. God may know where you are. If you don't tell your dispatcher where you are, you'd better be on speaking terms with God!"

I'm really waffling between wanting the .22 to be a "train" for my Glock gun (aka, best option the conversion kit) and wanting to have an actual separate gun. Either seems like a reasonable desire. Neither one weighs heavier than the other for me. So, waffling. Yup.
    - Abraham Lincoln

- Winston Churchill

Read an article in a magazine about the Chiappa. A 1911 knock off in .22LR.
    Supposed to be fairly decent for a .22 plinker at a fairly low price.
    Check it out.
    Chiappa .22 Rimfire 1911 Semi-Auto for $299

and here is the review at Gunblast.com
    Chiappa 1911-22 Semi-Auto .22 LR Tack Driver

Something to consider.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

I just noticed one in the gun shop the other day. Really looks like a Glock except for the safety on it. $399.00

Links