Best, Most Affordable, Gun-Friendly Places to Live? - Page 8

Best, Most Affordable, Gun-Friendly Places to Live?

This is a discussion on Best, Most Affordable, Gun-Friendly Places to Live? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I didn't really address the diner question. There's a good number of them, although it seems like only the really good ones are around now; ...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    ntg
    I didn't really address the diner question. There's a good number of them, although it seems like only the really good ones are around now; some are gone from when I was a kid there. I think larger/chain restaurants may have made it hard for some to survive. Also, google is your friend here in researching. O'brady's and Smitty's are good ones.

I was thinking a little more. One thing to know is that SLC and Logan both suffer from inversions in the winter causing smog that can bother some with health issues. Ogden can get some of it but doesn't get it thick/won't clear out like SLC.

Also, you mentioned 70 miles away from a big city. I've recruited and hired people from all over the country. I knew a lot from back east that we hired to work at one of the facilities on the INL. "Easterners" will ask how far it is to a certain place and expect to be told how many miles it is. "Westerners" when how far it is to X will tell you how far it is in hours. I think this is due to the different driving situations encountered. In eastern, big cities it may take you 2 hours to drive 70 miles. Here, it won't take you more than an hour to cover 70 miles unless you get stuck in a snow storm or something else odd like that. You can go from I.F. to SLC in 3 hours unless you hit traffic in SLC. Also, westerners don't think much of driving 2 to 3 hours to go see family/friend or do something. Some easterners I've talked with think 3 hours is a real long drive. It's just perspective; we look at things a little differently. Some thoughts...I don't know if they'll help.
    M&P Shield9; RIA 1911 Tactical 9mm;...many long guns

Born in MA but live in NH. No one from MA could PAY me enough to EVER move back to that horrendous excuse for a state. I love it up here in NH and the gun laws are not so bad at all. We didn't get the "castle doctrine" language passed a couple years ago but our laws and our LE are pretty well versed towards a pro-gun language. We have our issues from time-to-time but it always seems to wash out in the end.

Great place to live!
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Links