CC article MSNBC " Record #'s Packing Heat" - Page 2

CC article MSNBC " Record #'s Packing Heat"

This is a discussion on CC article MSNBC " Record #'s Packing Heat" within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I almost in shock that this was on MSNBC ^^^this^^^^...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CC article MSNBC " Record #'s Packing Heat"

I almost in shock that this was on MSNBC
    ^^^this^^^^
    A good friend will come bail you out of jail...But a true friend will be sitting next to you saying "Damn we screwed up".

Thumbs up

Got my vote

MSNBC Poll on CC ..... How safe do you feel ? hit this poll.

How safe do you feel knowing there are people around legally carrying concealed guns?

Newsvine - How safe do you feel knowing there are people around legally carrying concealed guns?

71.8% : Very safe: If a crime is committed or a threat of violence made, they’ve got the means to respond. 26,180 votes

24.1% ; In danger: These people could be trigger-happy yahoos or stumblebums whose weapon might go off by accident. 8,801 votes

4.1% ; Not sure: How would we know? Wouldn’t it depend on the state laws involved and circumstances? 1,478 votes

Yes it was hard to believe this was MSNBC!!! They got my YES vote! Then I passed the article on to my wife and CC friends!

In danger: These people could be trigger-happy yahoos or stumblebums whose weapon might go off by accident.

What's a stumblebum and why is his weapon going to "go off" by accident?

I thought yahoo was a website. Does Yahoo know they are bad mouthing them?

72%-Yes ; )
    24%-no : (
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

“Their efforts at reaching out to minorities and women have failed,” said Rand,
    I thought I recently read where women are actually the biggest group buying arms and obtaining training?

This is the third place on the froum this is listed...mods need to merge LOL
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

73.6% YES
    22.5% Sheep
    3.9% potential sheepdogs
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws... serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Cesare Beccaria

Great article. I like this quote:

The highest gun homicide rate is in Washington, D.C., which has had the nation’s strictest gun-control laws for years and bans concealed carry: 20.50 deaths per 100,000 population, five times the general rate. The lowest rate, 1.12, is in Utah, which has such a liberal concealed weapons policy that most American adults can get a permit to carry a gun in Utah without even visiting the state.

Voted...

73.9% feel safe
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by automan View Post
    I thought I recently read where women are actually the biggest group buying arms and obtaining training?
    The biggest _new_ group buying arms and obtaining training.
    As related to the market norm being white males in specific.

The market by current actuality and largely un-tapped/un-approached potential is quite wide.
    While traditionally the industry has always had a narrow focus toward exploitation of just one subset; Rural, and lately suburban (neo-rural), type white male buyers with interest in hunting and lately self-defense (carry) as well as pseudo-military product (ARs) and training.

The statement by the as quoted person in whole is correct across the board.

In fact prior to the recent Obama surge and to some degree the post AWB ban interest in ARs, the commercial (non-military but inclusive of law enforcement) firearms industry for over a hundred years had been flat with nominal growth in the single digits.

Further the firearms industry as a whole inclusive of all manufacturers and associated employees is effectively a niche market compared to others such as automotive, information technology, and other commonly thought to big business industry.
    The largest mfr. of arms in the US has less than a thousand employees total. Total (!).

Folk might be surprised at the realities of that industry.

Further her statement of; “The industry constantly has to look for a way to make a guy who already owns 15 guns buy a new one.”, is also borne in fact.

Look around at any vendors market offerings. You pick the vendor.

To grow you can't simply depend forever as into perpetuity that the guy with 3, 15 or even 60 guns will buy a 4th, 16th, or 61st version of same/similar because you this year offer it with revised 'night sights', exotic material grips or as in some funky coloring ala Sig Sauer's former 'Gun of the Month' method.

I have personally stated _exactly_ this as in so many words nearly word for word as is stated in the cited quotes to an industry Senior VP and Asst. Business Director for two of the nations oldest and largest firearms manufacturers. I did so in the last 45 days. Both in response stated that they agreed with me in full and that my data & facts were correct. Which they are, I promise you.
    They also agreed that something else as in more needs to be done.

In my private life I have been and am still actively working toward 'something else' behind scenes and curtains.
    As well as outwardly by way of being a minority instructor in various disciplines among various not generally expected nor typical avenues.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Quote Originally Posted by shooterX View Post
    I almost in shock that this was on MSNBC.
    Yeah I kept thinking my PC was messed up! Awesome, I did vote and sent to others.
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

74.6% vs 21.4% 4% undecided
    rolyat63
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

A gun in the hand is a million times more valuable than a cop on the phone!

FL Concealed Weapon or Firearm Program

Good read - thanks!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links