Gun Stores in the DC Virginia Area

This is a discussion on Gun Stores in the DC Virginia Area within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I know there won't be a gun store in DC but are there any gun stores that are friendly in the Virginia area over the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gun Stores in the DC Virginia Area

Gun Stores in the DC Virginia Area

I know there won't be a gun store in DC but are there any gun stores that are friendly in the Virginia area over the DC line? I'm going to be traveling and when I leave I want to visit some shops and spend some money.
    IAFF 2623
    Everyone comes home!

2. Remove Ads

All the gun shops in VA are friendly. VA is probably the most weapon friendly State in the bunch. Google Virginia Gun Stores and you will have so many to choose from, just pick the ones that are closest to where you will be.

I go to a shop called Blue Ridge Arsenal in Chantilly, VA. It's maybe a 45 min outside DC depending on time, of course. The staff is very knowledgeable, they have a good selection of firearms, 20 lane indoor range (half rifle, half pistol), reasonable prices, etc.

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    The Manassas area, (about 45 minutes south of DC), has two great gun shops. Virginia Arms and Guns and Ammo Warehouse. Both have web sites. They are both a fair drive from DC, but you get a two-fer for the drive.

If you're in the area, set aside some time to visit the NRA museum. It is a jaw dropping experience.

Quote Originally Posted by ripley16 View Post
    The Manassas area has two great gun shops. Virginia Arms and Guns and Ammo Warehouse. Both have web sites. They are both a fair drive from DC, but you get a two-fer for the drive.

If you're in the area, set aside some time to visit the NRA museum. It is a jaw dropping experience.
    Thumbs up for Virginia Arms Co.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandolero View Post
    Thumbs up for Virginia Arms Co.
    + 1 re: Virginia Arms.

You say you are "going to be traveling." In which direction?

If down I-95, stop at Greentop just south of Ashland. Great selection and decent prices. see: Outdoor Hunting Equipment | Fishing Gear Shops | Fishing Tackle Virginia

If west, Clark Bros. in Warrenton was generally decently priced. See: http://www.clarkbrosguns.com/home.html

If looking for Class 3, (which is legal and is more common than one might expect here in Virginia) check out International Police Supply in Woodbridge, VA . See International Police Supply
    Last edited by DaveH; March 25th, 2010 at 05:19 PM.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

There's also Loudoun Guns in Leesburg and the new place in Herndon(NOVA Armament) is open as well, but I haven't been in that one yet.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Quote Originally Posted by lifehertz View Post
    I go to a shop called Blue Ridge Arsenal in Chantilly, VA. It's maybe a 45 min outside DC depending on time, of course. The staff is very knowledgeable, they have a good selection of firearms, 20 lane indoor range (half rifle, half pistol), reasonable prices, etc.
    I have not been able to go to this store, but I have herd good thing about it. I also belive that you can get a discount if your a member of the VCDL Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc. (VCDL) I would recomend any one that owns a firearm in VA. should be a member of the VCDL

There are a bunch of great gun stores within an hour of DC.

One just south of the beltway is Gilbert's Small Arms. They're a small gun shop as well as an indoor range. There you can rent a good variety of guns.

Caution Depending on the time of day, you can spend hours trying to get just 10 miles. Avoid morning and afternoon rush hours and you should be fine.
    {
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Virginia arms is wonderful. They got a good proportion of my income when I liven in Manassas.
    Still Clingin'

Thank you everyone I will be on the road tomorrow to do some shopping. Thanks again.
    IAFF 2623
    Everyone comes home!

Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    ...the new place in Herndon(NOVA Armament) is open as well, but I haven't been in that one yet.
    This is a very friendly store. Of course, I work there, so I would know.

Stop by before 3pm just about any weekday and I'll be there to say hello. I'm easy to spot - I'm the only gal working there.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Riana View Post
    This is a very friendly store. Of course, I work there, so I would know.

Stop by before 3pm just about any weekday and I'll be there to say hello. I'm easy to spot - I'm the only gal working there.
    Thank you and/or the owners, boss, and/or whoever for the discount for VCDL members.

FWIIW, I didn't list you as I haven't been there, yet. But next time I'm up that way....
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    Virginia Arms is nice, haven't been to G&AW yet or Nova Armament.

Let's put it this way, VA Arms had a PF9 in stock recently when I dropped by...hadn't seen one of those anywhere! I was happy about that
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

Quote Originally Posted by DaveH View Post
    Thank you and/or the owners, boss, and/or whoever for the discount for VCDL members.

I'll pass the message along to the owners. I'm just a sales flunkie.

Quote Originally Posted by GWRedDragon View Post
    Virginia Arms is nice, haven't been to G&AW yet or Nova Armament.

Let's put it this way, VA Arms had a PF9 in stock recently when I dropped by...hadn't seen one of those anywhere! I was happy about that
    If memory serves, Nova Armament had one when I left work this afternoon, too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links