Glock 23 WML

This is a discussion on Glock 23 WML within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So I have been meaning to post this since I heard it here from other forum members. In another thread some members said that the ...

Thread: Glock 23 WML

Glock 23 WML

So I have been meaning to post this since I heard it here from other forum members. In another thread some members said that the Glock 23 is notoriously a jamomatic with a WML mounted. This is the setup is use for darktime HD duties on the nightstand. It is the only gun I have with an accessory rail. I dont want to be depending on it for HD use. I have a flashlight as a primary lighting tool. But if I have to ID a target from the bed and shoot in a do or die situation I want to know that it will go bang more than once. Who can advise???
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    I had lights mounted both on my G22 and 23 with no problems. Many, if not most of the guys on my SWAT team have G22 or 23's with lights mounted. It hasnt been a problem with thousands of training rounds fired per year.
    I had heard of early on when Glock came out with railed guns about the 22 being problematic with a WML, but I have not seen it myself.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I have shot about 100+ rounds through each my Glocks (19, 23, 29) with my TLR-2 attached and didn't have a single problem or malfunction with any of them.
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

Have you mounted THE light you'd use with it for HD and fire the HD rounds you'll use for HD and see if it works? You need to do this before making any real decisions first.

I mount a Surefire X200a and use Speer Gold Dots, 180 grain. The fact that Sixto's guys have used them in multiple "real world" encounters helps ease my mind a little. I just need to go to the range and get some time in on it.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Links