Types of gun owners

This is a discussion on Types of gun owners within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; i must admit, i was at the range getting a feel for which gun i want, and i saw two african american men come in ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Types of gun owners

i must admit, i was at the range getting a feel for which gun i want, and i saw two african american men come in to the lane next to me, they didnt look like the gang member type, but what we call street or hip hop clothing. and they both pull their guns out from their crossbreed super tucks! so i automaticly knew they're pretty knowledgeable, so i ask them about their crossbreeds and how comfy it was, and it turns out they are both Marines, gave me some shooting tips and what not...

i shouldnt be so quick to judge, for i am young and Asian American..

i like what someone said in this tread, that they look at everybody as gun owners, and its true. it can be any body legally or illegally owned.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I was at the range the other night and I saw this Irish Guy looking at me, then I realised it was me. I was in the bathroom. We left and went for a beer together. Nice Guy I tell ya.

I don't stereotype, that's wrong.

I profile.

I don't pay too much attention to one particular individual over another unless they're behaving in a way that requires it. Otherwise in the area I work I would have to have 42 eyes.

For what it's worth, in the two unrelated times my middle-class white family has been targeted for violation, one was a khakis and polo white guy in his late thirties, the other was a white guy in a dirty local university t-shirt and jeans, about 45 years old.

The first time was an eye-opener, I was 13 years old. After that I don't trust a soul that isn't mine, skin and dress and "Oh, he's just my friend" don't matter.

EDIT:

Last time I was in the gun store perusing 1911's there were three gentlemen that didn't speak any more than 10 or 12 words of English. They had the intent of buying a firearm, which I don't particulary have an issue with, but I did wonder to myself how that paperwork went...

I'm an enigma. Executive in a suit and tie by day, tie-dye in a 60s VW listening to Hendrix at night. Who would ever suspect a hippy (or executive) of packing??? Nothing imparts inner "PEACE" like having the proper tools and abilities to defend oneself. Groovy.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by ccman View Post
    I was at the range the other night and I saw this Irish Guy looking at me, then I realised it was me. I was in the bathroom. We left and went for a beer together. Nice Guy I tell ya.

20-something minority female academic checking in here. You should see the heads spin when I go to the range! It's almost like one of those scenes in a movie where a guy/gal walks into a bar they shouldn't have... you hear the record scratch and every eye is suddenly on them...

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    Seeing all the different shooters is one of the things I miss shooting at a private range (particularly the attractive young ladies). Most of the members of our range are middle-aged (or older) white guys (me included).

I sometimes wonder how many of the other people in my golf league also carry/shoot.

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    I learned early on (thanks to the military) that those darn book covers are the most deceiving things.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kahr View Post
    Do you turn your gun sideways just to screw with people?...lol

Yeah...it's hard to get away from the stereotypes. I'm a 5'7 Mexican and for some reason people can't help but ask me about their lawn or if I'm interested in laying some tile...
    L.O.L
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

...has a couple of guns inside the house, that they do not load or use or practice with, letting them gather dust and rust, forgetting about them until that day or night that they need them to fight.

Excellent post, Ram Rod. Right on every point
    Get the U.N. out of the U.S.
    Get the U.S. out of the U.N.

Quote Originally Posted by 1boredguy View Post
    In my state, the different ranges will get different crowds. The "yuppie range" (over priced, yet somehow extremely popular) gets a lot of TnA on ladies night.

I have been surprised by the size of jugs that are there sometimes... I'm not stereotyping large jugs as not skilled with...... guns. I'm just saying I'm like "wow, big jugs at the range. surprise."
    Really?......"TnA, Big jugs"...... Sorry Ladies, i'll hold the door for you....
    Christian/Father/Husband/American/NRA Benefactor Life Member/GOA Life Member/USAF NCO/Operations; Provide Comfort/Northern Watch/Southern Watch/Enduring Freedom/Iraqi Freedom/TBD....

Boredguy:

Ok......you opened the door on this one...

"Good decisions come from experience;
    experience comes from bad decisions"

Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post

mother/daughter I think. YOunger had open toed shoes on.

It's and interesting mix.
    My range won't allow that in the stalls unless its in one of the scheduled defense classes.

Hey if you're wear them, train in them :)
    But I'll just throw on tennis shoes if I'm stopping at the range before work.

No, I do not play golf!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links