I shot myself.

This is a discussion on I shot myself. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by MWatson35 Plenty of redneck jokes around the office today. Thanks for all the well words. You admitted to it? What were you ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I shot myself.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by MWatson35 View Post
    Plenty of redneck jokes around the office today. Thanks for all the well words.
    You admitted to it? What were you thinking? Didn't you take one for the team while trying to save some poor old granny from being cavity-probed by the TSA people at the airline gate? Surely you remember that!
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

2. Remove Ads

Wow they did the surgery under local anesthesia, 10mg of morphine and a script of Lortab! That probably saved you or your insurance thousands of dollars compared to general anesthesia, recovery room, couple nights laying in bed watching TV while flirting with the nurses, getting awaken in the middle of the night to draw blood and take your vital sign$.

oops couldn't help myself...

Speedy recovery

Quote Originally Posted by MWatson35 View Post
    I shot myself.

VIP Member
    That's terrible, I hope your recovery goes well.

Thanks for posting this, a tragic story can often serve as a wake-up reminder for all gun owners.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

I guess that is one way to learn, but I wouldn't say it would be my preferred method. Well, how can I say I'm glad it was only your thumb ? .... when every body part is rather important. How's this, I'm glad it wasn't something more VITAL and you can still type on a keyboard.

It doesn't sound like your thumb will be in the way anymore.

Thanks for reminding us, to expect the unexpected, to always be ready, and to never put body parts in front of the barrel... intentionally or unintentionally.

I just want you to post what your wife says when you tell her "honey, I'm going out shooting today ". I'm betting she ups the value on your life insurance.

(sorry, couldn't resist).

yikes, sorry to hear that. yep, a pistol going full auto on you can sure be a handful depending on the round and amount of ammo you go through. sure could have been worse. hope you heal up fine!
    Wo die Notwehr aufhört, fängt der Mord an
    (Murder begins where self-defense ends)
    Georg Büchner

You gonna sell that Hellfire? (hint, hint)

Glad you still have all your digits! Hope it heals clean. Thanks for sharing your experience.

BTW... if you want a machine pistol, go buy a real one and don't mess with gadgets like the hellfire.

The Beretta 93R

-Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Hope it's a quicky and speedyrecovery!

I've heard about those hellfire trigger attachments, but honestly, when it comes to bumpfiring, they're not needed. I've been doing it without any kind of add-ons for my AK for awhile now. It just takes time to learn a good technique is all. Although for the life of me, I can't see how one could bumpfire a pistol.
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

Oh come on... Somebody had to say it

Seriously though... Good luck and hope you have a speedy recovery. Hand injuries suck. I've had broken fingers, knuckles etc...more times than I care to remember and not all of them function quite the same anymore. Good luck and make sure you follow any advice from your PT nurse or whoever later...
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Had a .50 BMG cook off in my hand a few years ago. Pretty much blew my middle and ring finger off. Those hand surgeons are miracle workers. We all make stupid mistakes. Some of us get caught. You just got caught.
    Healthy children will not fear life, if their parents have integrity enough not to fear death.
    -TIME DEUM ET OPERARE IUSTITIAM--

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Go away for the weekend to a Convention and come back and all sorts of things happen.

Best of luck to you on a speedy recovery.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post

Oh come on... Somebody had to say it
    I figured this would be the FIRST response! LOL

My dear Watson.... don't do that again!

That's why God gave ya 2, but let's not test his theories......

Seriously, glad you are still here and are willing to tell us about it. You have probably saved someone from that same mistake. Keep it clean, and forget about shooting for a while. Well, maybe strong handed only. Get rid of that "TOY" trigger.
    Sean
    XD 9SC | XD 45ACP Service | XD 45ACP Compact |Borealis
    "You may know where you are. God may know where you are. If you don't tell your dispatcher where you are, you'd better be on speaking terms with God!"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links