I am looking for some cheap fun!

This is a discussion on I am looking for some cheap fun! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have an H&R 929 nine shot swing out cylinder for sale, $150 plus shipping....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I am looking for some cheap fun!

I have an H&R 929 nine shot swing out cylinder for sale, $150 plus shipping.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Rugergirl View Post
    They don't have to be, see here:
    Speed Strip Kit
    I'll be getting one for mine.
    I'll have to wait for your review on the product then. The video makes it seem so easy. too easy. Also can't tell by the video but i wonder what happens to the main spring housing assembly. is it just left out leaving a hole on the back strap or do you take off the bolt retaining pin...let us know how it works out for you

where is the best place to buy a gun online? I wanted to check out prices of a Mark III. I used to like Gunbroker, but it seems to be all dealers and not private party sellers. any suggestions?

galleryofguns.com budsgunshop.com are some sites i've heard mentioned a few times. haven't used them personally. galleryofguns seems more of a way to browse local gun shop's inventories

S&W 22A,this thing eats federal bulk box 22 like a fat kid with a donut.I have put over 10,000 rounds thru mine and had to replace a firing pin a couple months ago
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

For revolvers, check out Heritage Arms. You can get a SA .22LR / .22Mag for around $159, or .22LR only for $119. I know, I sell them all day long at this price. Not the finest firearms out there, but fun plinkers.

For semi-auto, +1 Ruger MK III. Fantastic accuracy, reliability, and definately a PITA to tear down. Fortunately, it doesn't need to be done more than once a year, even with heavy use. For something a little different, look at the Ruger Charger. Have fun, and stay safe.
    What the **** - How did I end up on this soapbox again?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by wraymusicman View Post
    For revolvers, check out Heritage Arms. You can get a SA .22LR / .22Mag for around $159, or .22LR only for $119. I know, I sell them all day long at this price. Not the finest firearms out there, but fun plinkers.

For semi-auto, +1 Ruger MK III. Fantastic accuracy, reliability, and definately a PITA to tear down. Fortunately, it doesn't need to be done more than once a year, even with heavy use. For something a little different, look at the Ruger Charger. Have fun, and stay safe.
    That heritage revolver is the definition of cheap fun, excluding of course some of my old girlfreinds, but I digress.

My dad has one he bough used many years ago. He used it to shoot pigs and pests for years and I used it to shoot cans. ( he never wanted me to shoot the Colt or Ruger Bearcat much) Its cheap and dont look like much up close, but is fun to shoot. We shot it last time he came up to visit. A lot of fond memories of that gun over the years, and some sad ones too, as it has been used to put down a few fine old dogs when they had reached their time and just couldn't go on anymore without suffering.

Since his visit I have been thinking about getting one myself.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

well thanks for the replies, me and the lil woman went and played with some target .22 pistols and came home with the MKIII hunter. Great trigger and very very solid gun. Can't wait to try it out. Thanks for the help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links