Range ammo prices - Bradenton FL

This is a discussion on Range ammo prices - Bradenton FL within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'm in the Palmetto/Bradenton area until next Monday. My BIL wants to hit the range with my XD40sc in the next few days. Any locals ...

Thread: Range ammo prices - Bradenton FL

I'm in the Palmetto/Bradenton area until next Monday. My BIL wants to hit the range with my XD40sc in the next few days. Any locals on here to help direct me to the best place to buy some range ammo? I'd love to find 50rnds for around $13-14, which is what I'd encounter back in SLC on any given day.
    Forget 'Twitter', i'm on the CB...
    Cruiser Outfitters
    Utah Firearm
    Expedition Utah

Does the range let you bring ammo in, or, must buy there?

Try your local WW.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Good question. I'll find out tonight. I might hit WW tonight as well.
    Cruiser Outfitters
    Utah Firearm
    Expedition Utah

Plenty of .40 at WW's in my area, Tampa bay, west side of the water. I don't think you'll have a problem finding a box or two if you hit a couple WW's.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Question everything, Learn something, Answer nothing.
    Those who have an answer for everything, have an answer for nothing.

I wish we could get .40 ammo for that price in Delaware! Here a box of 50 costs around $19-$20.

I'm in Bradenton a lot and probably know where you'll be shooting.... As long as it's not their rental you can you use your own ammo.

But yeah, check WW, there's one on SR-70 just a few minutes from the range.

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Federal ammo at Walmart is always the cheapest range ammo I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    I wish we could get .40 ammo for that price in Delaware! Here a box of 50 costs around $19-$20.
    Yeah, but do you pay sales tax on ammo? (I know Delaware has no sales tax on most things.)

WW it is.. We'll be going to the Bullseye Pistol Range sometime in the next day or two.

We did DisneyWorld yesterday (CC'd there), beach today (CC'd there), Shopping tomorrow while family does Sea World (I'd be tempted to put the delapitated aquatic life out of it's misery... Friday is more beaches and shooting, deep sea fishing Saturday, beaches Sunday.. Fly back to SLC Monday.

In case anyone cared about the rundown of our "vacation".
    Cruiser Outfitters
    Utah Firearm
    Expedition Utah

Enjoy.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by SAMI View Post
    WW it is.. We'll be going to the Bullseye Pistol Range sometime in the next day or two.

We did DisneyWorld yesterday (CC'd there), beach today (CC'd there), Shopping tomorrow while family does Sea World (I'd be tempted to put the delapitated aquatic life out of it's misery... Friday is more beaches and shooting, deep sea fishing Saturday, beaches Sunday.. Fly back to SLC Monday.

when you went to disney, which park, did you have to pass through a metal detector? so much crap happens @ disney that they cover up its quite sad but BIL and sister are coming down in june and i haven't been to disney in 3 or 4 years but they want to go. how about sea world did they check you there since by the time you read this you might have already gone

Quote Originally Posted by SAMI View Post

What's it like carrying in a theme park and riding the rides?

Quote Originally Posted by Chevyguy85 View Post
    when you went to disney, which park, did you have to pass through a metal detector? so much crap happens @ disney that they cover up its quite sad but BIL and sister are coming down in june and i haven't been to disney in 3 or 4 years but they want to go. how about sea world did they check you there since by the time you read this you might have already gone
    There are no metal detectors in use anywhere at WDW, Sea World, or Universal. All of the parks have bag checks and that's it.

This I know for a fact, I work at WDW and have visited the others often. I know if WDW security spots the gun you will most likely be asked to leave or to take it out front to some lockers outside the park to secure the weapon (I know the Magic Kingdom has some and I assume the other parks do too). Disney policy is anti-gun sadly. Policy says employees can't carry anywhere on property at any time and they are trying to say we are an exemption from the Florida law that allows employees to have a gun in their car (an employee fired for having a gun in his car is suing but the courts haven't made a decision yet). Those regulations are the biggest reason I'm delaying getting a CWL, I go down to Disney quite often even on my days off and don't want to risk my job by carrying.

Sounds like you're enjoying your time here, hope the rest of your vacay goes well! Sea World is actually one of my favorite parks around here, it's been a couple years though since I've been.

The wife and I were just in Salt Lake City a month ago for some skiing, first time in Utah and really enjoyed the city! Would definitely like to go back.

I've never shot at that Bullseye range. I stopped by to check it out maybe a year ago and that was apparently just after they had gotten robbed and were still trying to get their inventory back in. If it's the same place I think it was a fairly small range.

Not sure if you've checked around but there's another indoor range in Sarasota (basically Bradenton/Sarasota border) called Take Aim, can google search it.

Pretty decent indoor range, though last time I was there about a year ago there was a one time member fee I think. There's also a couple outdoor ranges, Manatee gun club (not sure of specific name) and Knights Trail down south of Sarasota which I've shot trap/skeet at a few times.

Up here in the St Pete area there's another real clean indoor range, Knight's Shooting Sports and an outdoor facility up in Largo, Wyoming Antelope Club if you're looking to do some rifle out to 100 yards.

Sponsored Links