Help me!

This is a discussion on Help me! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have been what I consider lucky thus far in my life. I have been able to resist the lure of the dark side. By ...

Thread: Help me!

Exclamation Help me!

I have been what I consider lucky thus far in my life. I have been able to resist the lure of the dark side. By dark side I mean the ever present tupperware gun. No plastic in my gunsafe thus far.

Mostly becuase the idea of it is just wierd and secondly because every polymer framed gun I have seen or held has been both ugly and awkward in my hand. They usually don't feel right and have these huge broad flat topped slides that make me feel like I'm looking down a 2x4.

All of that changed when I held, and beheld, the FNP-40 at the local gun shop.

It felt great in my hand, nice sights and a narrowed slide top that isn't like a 2x4 when looking down it.

I am being pulled to the dark side and fear I cannot resist. Please, help convince me to not buy one of these plastic guns.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

2. Remove Ads

Feel the power of the darkside.....
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Wrong darkside...

Do not resist the true darkside.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by sgtD View Post
    I am being pulled to the dark side and fear I cannot resist. Please, help convince me to not buy one of these plastic guns.
    Blech! Plastic Gun Disease. Relatively commonplace, highly contagious and transmitted through contact with infected guns. Symptoms include sweaty palms, over-bright eyes, lack of common sense, auction fever, and uncharacteristic fond feelings for recycled food storage containers.

Easy and simple to cure though.

Wash your hands, wave the low dose aspirin bottle at your image in the mirror, and go shooting in the morning.

Just put my first plastic gun on lay away myself. My EDC is a 1911. Not shooting down your choice, but you may want to research that FNH before you dive. Good Luck.
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

Before you commit, check out the non-metallic offerings from CZ... talk about a slide that doesn't feel like a 2x4!
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Perhaps this may help you regain your senses?

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ie-thread.html
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

I just love the plastic dark side and believe you will enjoy the darkness of plastic once you get past your fear of leaving the all steel world.

Be of good cheer, you can have the best of both worlds, steel and plastic while enjoying both.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

VIP Member
    Back a couple or three years ago there were reports of gouging on the under side of the slide from the slide hitting the slide release lever during shooting.

You might want to check to see if that has been fixed.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Luke, I'am your father! Dont resist me, FNP great weapon you will love it. hold it, buy it, shoot it, carry it! It will never let you down.
    NRA Life Member
    USCCA Member
    Scope Member
    New York permit
    Pennsylvania Permit
    Florida Permit

Dont fight it. You will give in to the plastic sooner or later.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

Well it's two tone, as someone that hates that look that'd be enough reason to turn it down.

I've fired the 9mm variant, it's sadly....a very nice gun. If you really don't want to 'taint' your safe's collection don't fire it.

VIP Member
    Plastic never hurt anyone.

"I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them, it is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution, or that have failed in their purpose, or that impose on the people an unwarranted financial burden. I will not attempt to discover whether legislation is ‘needed’ before I have first determined whether it is constitutionally permissible. And if I should later be attacked for neglecting my constituents’ interests, I shall reply that I was informed their main interest is liberty and that in that cause I am doing the very best I can." Barry Goldwater
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Links