For the keltec lovers or haters....

This is a discussion on For the keltec lovers or haters.... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The sub2000 is definately on my short list of future firearms. And the PMR30 would be the perfect defensive handgun for my mother. Just got ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For the keltec lovers or haters....

Senior Member Array Shadowsbane's Avatar
    The sub2000 is definately on my short list of future firearms. And the PMR30 would be the perfect defensive handgun for my mother.

Just got a PF9 last week as a pizza delivery gun. Need to make another holster for it though.

Yeah.... I am a rather large kel tec fan.
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

www.Lonelymountainleather.com

2. Remove Ads

Kel-tecs are ok they aint bad or they aint great they are in between.

if i was piss poor then i would have to buy Kel-tec guns to fill my gun safe
    Bushmaster XM15 E2S Shorty
    Walther P99 .40 S&W
    Romanian WASR GP 10/63
    Remington model 700 30-06
    Savage Model 62 .22lr
    Glock 19 gen 3 TALO

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    The PMR-30 is a great idea and a perfect plinking gun. In fact I would venture to say its like a baby five seven. Hand held 30 round .22 mag gun? Hell yeah!
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

I am going to get me a sub 2k too. i hear they are around 300. pretty good for a carbine that takes glock mags....and the pmr-30 a .22 mag is not the ideal SD round somewhere around round 20 out of the barrel its going to start stinging. Definately a nice plinker.
    You may not like guns. You may choose not to own one. That is your right.
    You might not believe in God. That is your choice.
    However, if someone breaks into your home at 3AM the first two things you are going to do are:
    1) Call someone with a gun.
    2)Pray they get there in time." - A wise man

i wouldnt say i am piss poor but i am far from well off. i have a pf9,and a p32. Love both. i carry the 9 finace carries the 32. It is nice. i couldnt justify paying 4x as much for a bigger but comparable sized gun. yeah i have made modifications to this gun to make it feel like i wanted but my time is well worth the difference in price. plus i know this gun well.
    brother got a lcp, comparing it to the p32 it is more clean, but i dont like how the slide doesnt lock on an empty mag.
    plus if i have issues i can call keltec and get parts shipped no charge and they dont void my warranty for doing my own work.

Quote Originally Posted by phair12 View Post
    brother got a lcp, comparing it to the p32 it is more clean, but i dont like how the slide doesnt lock on an empty mag.
    You cannot compare the Ruger LCP to the Kel-Tec P32 because they are different designs and chambered in different calibers.

The LCP is a virtual copy of the Kel-Tec P3AT. They are both are chambered in .380, not .32. The P3AT slide does not lock back when empty, same as with the LCP. It has no slide lock of any kind. The LCP slide lock is only manually (finger) activated.

Senior Member Array Shadowsbane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 9mmPro View Post
    Kel-tecs are ok they aint bad or they aint great they are in between.

if i was piss poor then i would have to buy Kel-tec guns to fill my gun safe

I work 3 jobs, and have a baby at home. So yep, piss poor, and for the price range decent weapons once you run them through their paces
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

www.Lonelymountainleather.com

Yea i am not rich either, but nutnfancy carried a SIG compact for years then switched to the pm-9 and now he carries a pf-9. not because the keltec is cheap, it is because it works. a friend has a Beretta that cost alot more than my pf-9 and he has had alot of failures and the gun design has slide cracking problems ....but hey when he is confronted by a BG he can pull his pretty, expensive Beretta out and hope it goes BANG.
    You may not like guns. You may choose not to own one. That is your right.
    You might not believe in God. That is your choice.
    However, if someone breaks into your home at 3AM the first two things you are going to do are:
    1) Call someone with a gun.
    2)Pray they get there in time." - A wise man

Quote Originally Posted by targus View Post
    So, where are they now?
    I traded the p32 about 12 years ago , don,t remember what gun I got.
    The same thing with the p40, but I missed the p32 so much I replace it with a new one two weeks ago when I bought a LCP.

I also have a PF9 that I like a lot, so of the 4 I still have 2 ,a
    p32 and a pf9
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Oh yeah... A 30 min video of his on a single knife make you want to put said knife to your own throat!

But take it for what it's worth.
    Well keep in mind Nutnfancy has done like over 600 videos on Youtube, has tens of thousands of subscribers. What are the odds you're going to like every single video? Okay, he goes into exhasutive detail in his reviews. Move the slidy bar ahead if you want to, but some people like/need the detail.

He's done some great survival-type videos also, check out the one on how to build a deer snare. That's a useful skill.

I think his gun videos are very well done, okay sometimes a bit long but so what, the detail is there.

I admire his dedication - his videos on "Obligation of Carry" and "The Concealed Carry Protocol" are great, IMHO, getting people to think about concealed carry and why/if it's right for them. It helped me make up my mind, and based on his number of views and subscribers, I'd say plenty of others as well.
    "Be justified. Blood may be easily wiped from the sword.
    It cannot, however, be put back from where it came." --Quicksabre

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links