What good is a C&R license beyond getting a CZ-82?

This is a discussion on What good is a C&R license beyond getting a CZ-82? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The more I read about the CZ-82, the more I want one. What I really like is that it seems "real world" useful and not ...

Thread: What good is a C&R license beyond getting a CZ-82?

What good is a C&R license beyond getting a CZ-82?

The more I read about the CZ-82, the more I want one. What I really like is that it seems "real world" useful and not just a collectible "shelf queen." (Not slamming collectibles, I am just looking for practical use guns at this point.) Plus the CZ is a great price compared to Glocks and other big boys.

What other great C&R weapons are out there that are relatively inexpensive, practical use weapons like the CZ-82? (both handguns and rifles)

Yes, I have downloaded the BATFE list, but rather than researching each model in the list, I was hoping some of the folks here could help me narrow it down a little.

Thanks in advance...

2. Remove Ads

The Mosin-Nagants are inexpensive, well made, and ammo is cheap and plentiful (for now). It shoots 7.62x54r round ~ 3006 in size. Cons include they kick like a mule. Priced less then $100.

If you want a highly accurate rifle look to the K31 Swiss rifles. The Swiss gave every infantry man a sniper rifle and they shoot like one. Most all bores are in great condition because the Swiss never made corrosive ammo in the 7.5 Swiss. Priced $250 birch stock, $300 walnut stock.

SKS rifle (not all, must be c&r) semiauto goodness.

Just three off the top of my head.
    "The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us." Patrick Henry 1775

Vegetarian: Indian for inept hunter.

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stanmich View Post
    The more I read about the CZ-82, the more I want one. What I really like is that it seems "real world" useful and not just a collectible "shelf queen." (Not slamming collectibles, I am just looking for practical use guns at this point.) Plus the CZ is a great price compared to Glocks and other big boys.

What other great C&R weapons are out there that are relatively inexpensive, practical use weapons like the CZ-82? (both handguns and rifles)

Yes, I have downloaded the BATFE list, but rather than researching each model in the list, I was hoping some of the folks here could help me narrow it down a little.

Thanks in advance...
    One big thing you need to realize, other than purchasing C&R guns and having them sent directly to your home the C&R FFL (03-FFL) can get you dealer pricing at vendors like Midway and Brownells and many other online firearms related sites. It saves me several hundred dollars a year on ammo, reloading supplies and other firearms related items. I have saved as much as $75 on a single large order from Midway.

C&R guns........ Well lets see, here are a few of mine:

And these are all shooters not collectables only

Rack of Mosin Nagants
    Last edited by pirate; April 4th, 2010 at 08:52 AM.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Unless you're planning on purchasing a lot of firearms, I don't see the point in getting the license.

I recently bought a CZ-82 for $169 (VG to Excel), plus $29 for an extra mag. The total with FFL & shipping came to @$260. The pistol was in great shape (other than having been dipped in a preservative-yuk!) but when cleaned and lubed proved to be a terrific shooter, better than my Glock! Very well made and excellent trigger.

It's currently being DuraCoated and grips from Marschals are on order. Best buy I've made in a long time.

I'm planning on getting another, stripping it to bare parts, having my son's name, rank and unit engraved on it, and a new DuraCoat finish as a Xmas gift when he returns from his current deployment.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Thanks, all, for the good advice. I didn't realize C&R scored us discounts outside of the "collectibles" market as well.

Pirate, I've enjoyed your pics throughout my CZ research. Beautiful guns,beautifully photographed.

OldVet, what a great gift! With you as a dad, your son is a fortunaate man indeed.

Several places will give you discounts with a C&R. Midway, Century Brownell's.... Just to name a few....
    1942 M3 Autocar Half-track...M3A1 Diamond T Half-track...57mm Anti-Tank Cannon

NRA Endowment Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors...MVPA Member

If you are out of state and see a collectable you want in a gun store or pawn shop, you can buy and walk out with it. That's something you couldn't do without a C&R.

Links