1968 Baby Browning .25 Price Check

This is a discussion on 1968 Baby Browning .25 Price Check within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; On another forum I'm on, a guy has a 1968 Baby Browning .25 for sale at $500. It appears to be in mint condition except ...

Thread: 1968 Baby Browning .25 Price Check

1968 Baby Browning .25 Price Check

On another forum I'm on, a guy has a 1968 Baby Browning .25 for sale at $500. It appears to be in mint condition except for one spot near the trigger guard.

I've always wanted one of these little puppies and am thinking of making a deal with him, but $500 seems a little high compared to what I'm seeing elsewhere.

Does anyone know if this is a fair price?
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    If you don't have an answer by the time I get home this evening, I look in my BBGV and see if it is listed.
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by CraigStill View Post
    If you don't have an answer by the time I get home this evening, I look in my BBGV and see if it is listed.
    Thanks, that would be great!
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

There are some CZ Duo's (same design as Baby Browning) on gunbroker for around $350. Search CZ Duo 25. Maybe use that as a bargaining chip.
    pro-CZ's, pro-AR's, anti-CZAR's

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EW3 View Post
    On another forum I'm on, a guy has a 1968 Baby Browning .25 for sale at $500. It appears to be in mint condition except for one spot near the trigger guard.

I've always wanted one of these little puppies and am thinking of making a deal with him, but $500 seems a little high compared to what I'm seeing elsewhere.

Does anyone know if this is a fair price?
    is this "Baby" marked with the "FN" slide stamp (Fabrique Nationale) or the "BAC" slide stamp (Browning Arms Company)? Also, is it the standard steel model or the nickle/aluminum model. Prices, according to the 2008 (newest I have), 29th Edition of the Blue Book vary somewhat. From the condition you described, the pistol could fall into the 90% up to the 95% range, and prices could be (depending on model) in the $225-350 spread, up to the $300-400 spread, unless its the higher end "engraved" model which would demand much more. From my limited knowledge of the Blue Book prices it would seem these prices are generally the top dollar a dealer would pay to put a gun "on the shelf", then a profit margin of $50-100 would be added.

I have lusted for an original early model Belgian Baby myself for about 40 years, just to "have".

Good luck with your decision.

surv

Quote Originally Posted by cz2075bd View Post
    There are some CZ Duo's (same design as Baby Browning) on gunbroker for around $350. Search CZ Duo 25. Maybe use that as a bargaining chip.
    I have a Duo, it's a nice little pistol. Not accurate worth anything, but considering it's size you really wouldn't expect it to be. Captured Nazi officer's pistol.
    An intruder will be incapacitated by tear gas or oven spray, but if shot with a .357 Magnum will get angry and kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by 380ACP View Post
    I have a Duo, it's a nice little pistol. Not accurate worth anything, but considering it's size you really wouldn't expect it to be. Captured Nazi officer's pistol.
    Very nice. I have a CZ-1945 (their other 25acp, production overlapped w/ the Duo for a while). I was more enamored with that design, it is still manufactured today as the CZ-92 (but not enough import points to buy here).

ps. sorry to hijack the thread
    pro-CZ's, pro-AR's, anti-CZAR's

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mr surveyor View Post
    is this "Baby" marked with the "FN" slide stamp (Fabrique Nationale) or the "BAC" slide stamp (Browning Arms Company)? Also, is it the standard steel model or the nickle/aluminum model. Prices, according to the 2008 (newest I have), 29th Edition of the Blue Book vary somewhat. From the condition you described, the pistol could fall into the 90% up to the 95% range, and prices could be (depending on model) in the $225-350 spread, up to the $300-400 spread, unless its the higher end "engraved" model which would demand much more. From my limited knowledge of the Blue Book prices it would seem these prices are generally the top dollar a dealer would pay to put a gun "on the shelf", then a profit margin of $50-100 would be added.

I have lusted for an original early model Belgian Baby myself for about 40 years, just to "have".

Good luck with your decision.

surv
    EW3, FWIT, I find the above to be essentially the same information I came up with.

On an unrelated note, I just happen to see this: A Colt Sheriff's Model SAA old style black power frame pre-1896, in 90% condx. is worth around $95,000.00. Even in 10% condx its worth, $10,000.00. Pretty amazing these old arms and their values. And sometimes the lack there of, too!.

Best of luck!

Craig
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

Links