For Those Who Have Used the Marketplace

This is a discussion on For Those Who Have Used the Marketplace within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; For those of you who have used the marketplace forum to buy/sale handguns: How do you usually prefer to receive or make payment? Also: Lets ...

For those of you who have used the marketplace forum to buy/sale handguns: How do you usually prefer to receive or make payment?

Also: Lets say you sale a handgun to someone in the same state, but they live too far for a FTF meet. Do you take the gun to a FFL and have them ship it to their FFL? I contacted my local dealer and they will ship, but they only charge whatever UPS charges to ship. They don't charge any FFL fees, just the shipping, which I assume is somewhere close to $50 because they have to ship next day air.

Any insight on this is appreciated. I'd like to have an idea, so I know how much of a price to put on my post if I were to ship it, and how to set up payment arrangements (or whats most popular).

I didn't want to post this on the marketplace forum as most all the posts seem to be ads listing items for sale. I didn't want to just post a question there.

Thanks for any guidance.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

If you have a dealer that will ship for the shipping fees only then go that way. It will be much less hassle. You need a copy of the buyers FFL dealers license sent to you with payment. Give this copy to your dealer along with your package and include info in the package about who the item belongs too. (example: this firearm belongs to john doe, please contact @ 555-555-5555)
    Also decide up front if you will allow an inspection period before transfer where if not satisfied the buyer may return it for a full refund minus shipping. Let the buyer know what this period is....30 min., 24 hours, etc. and after transfer it belongs to him/her.

I would suggest a USPS Money order for payment unless FTF, then cash is better. Have payment and dealers license mailed to you before you ship and make sure they understand the gun will be shipped ASAP after receiving funds.
    If I gave a crap about what you think about my guns.....it was early this morning and I already flushed it!

Links