New M1

This is a discussion on New M1 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I hope this is in the right forum, if not feel free to move. I was at the shooting range today and the shop has ...

Thread: New M1

Ex Member Array HollowpointHank's Avatar

New M1

I hope this is in the right forum, if not feel free to move. I was at the shooting range today and the shop has a brand new M1. I didn't even know they were still being made. Walnut stock and blued metal. Price: $750.00. I think this is an extraordinary price. What do you guys (and gals) think?

2. Remove Ads

sounds like a steal - 750? sure it's not hot?

great deal you made!
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined" ~Patrick Henry

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    The don't make M1 rifles anymore (since the 1950's). I believe Springfield Armory (no relation to the US government armory, just took the name) made some with a cast receiver a few years back, but they stopped making them too. The price doesn't sound great, depending on the wear at the muzzle and throat erosion.

If it is an M1 Carbine it is a completely different animal, and a new one would be made by Auto Ordinance (AKA Kahr Arms). That would be an OK price for that. If it is a WWII gun, then it would depend on the condition and manufacturer.

Get some more details and go over to the forums at the CMP website, they can answer any questions you'd have and then some.

Autofan, This is a brand new gun. The guy said it was still being made by Carbine? I don't know but that is what he said. It is a .30 cal. M1.

Quote Originally Posted by HollowpointHank View Post
    Autofan, This is a brand new gun. The guy said it was still being made by Carbine? I don't know but that is what he said. It is a .30 cal. M1.
    This look like it?
    Auto-Ordnance | Products | Long Guns, M1
    http://www.saf.org/ --- Fighting for American's Gun Rights
    http://GeorgiaCarry.org --- Fighting for Georgian's Gun Rights.
    http://Georgiapacking.org --- Discussion of Georgia Gun Laws.

Yep, that's it!! Thanks. I see the MSRP is $900. $750 seems like a decent price.

Quote Originally Posted by HollowpointHank View Post
    Yep, that's it!! Thanks. I see the MSRP is $900. $750 seems like a decent price.
    Depends on the make, condition, etc., but 750 for an M1 Carbine isn't a bad deal. Especially if you can talk them into a box of ammo with it.
    And Carbine doesn't make M1 Carbines (or anything to my knowledge, as I'm fairly certain this is not a real firearms company). He likely meant 'Kahr', which, I believe, has made a few M1 carbines of late under the kahr/auto-ordnance brand name.

Links