Gun store idiot

This is a discussion on Gun store idiot within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Was over to MC sports tonight , checking into a p3AT Kel tec. A guy was loudly blabbing on how he didn't need a CCW ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gun store idiot

Lead Moderator

Gun store idiot

Was over to MC sports tonight , checking into a p3AT Kel tec. A guy was loudly blabbing on how he didn't need a CCW permit to carry, he would anyway. The usual blowhard B.S. He was yapping while pointing a SA revo anywhere and everywhere.
    Meanwhile I am standing to the side quietly , wearing my 1911 Champion and trying not to shake my head and chuckle too much. Gotta wonder just how ignorant some folks are.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

2. Remove Ads

ya run into some people like that everywhere lucky most gunstore's will shut them up or boot um

nuts and a blow hard

Administrator
    I hate to hear stuff like that. He needs to grow up.
    Some Basic Bare Bones Gun Safety Instruction might help also.

he could give us responsible types a bad name if the media decide that he is the average ccw(they won't care that hes not)
    "In those days, there was a lot more respect for other people and it showed in peoples values.... Today the word value means nothing more than something you get on the $1 menu at McDonald's." -BARK'N

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    About 10(or so) years ago now,I was at a gunshop in Maine and was talking to the gunsmith about having a bbl chopped. A guy with the "little man syndrome" was looking at a big,long bbl'ed,magnum. He was waveing the pistol all around the store and he managed to cover me 5 or 6 times.

When I'd had enough,I told him in a fairly loud voice that I would call the police on him AND the store next time he pointed the weapon at me. The owner promptly came out,told the customer to leave,and had a few words with the employee that was waiting on him. The owner was also very apolojetic.

This satisfied me and I continued as a long time customer. I never once saw this happen in that store again. ------

Assistant Administrator
    I dread these types - hopefully not too large in number but they sure exist.

I regard them as having serious ego problems (like paper thin ego) and so need to reinforce same by displays of, as they think - macho - ''look at me'' stuff.

Gets old real quick and sure does not help the correct image of responsible gun ownership. See them at the range too
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    Yeah, I hear them at the range, too. Some guy loudly jacking his jaw about how he "could" do this or "has" done that stuff. It gets old quick. I just get a new lane number and move down the line away from it. After all, I'm there for a nice quiet day of shooting, not listening to some dumb^$$ ramble on about stuff like that.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

He'll be the biggest know it all in the jail house if he doesn't watch out.
    "I Don't Want To Socialize With A Pinko Liberal Democrat Commie. Say What You Like About Republicans. We Stick To Our Convictions. Even When We Know We're Dead Wrong." Denny Crane:

I've been "used" as target practice before. I was in a shop in GA (Valdosta Pawn) when I heard a "click", "click", etc.. I wasn't paying attention, stood up, turned around, and this idiot has a revolver (don't remember type/model) pointed at my head, grinning, and then "click".

He ended up having to pay for the broken display case (I knocked the gun out of his hand and "gently" pushed him backward), got banned for life from the shop (him, not me).

Kim was PISSED as I was. I wanted to hit the ******* I was so mad but I didn't.

Oh, the dude ended up paying for the gun itself but wasn't able to take it home (it was marked up from hitting the glass) and a friend of mine bought it at a very low price.

Wayne

Senior Member Array ssssthesnake's Avatar
    had a incedint a week or so ago at the out door range me and a coupla other older shooter were out eirly in the morning by older i mean late 30s eirly 40s when a car load of young punks pulled up and jumped out now at this range you yell clear when you need to set a target and every one holds up a hand to let every one know that a man is going down range well one fella was out at the hundred yard burm cheking his target when thease youngster hop out of the car n start blasting down the pistol side no targets or nothing set up just blasting away the driver of the car didnt even have the moter shut off well me and a coupla other fellas start yelling at them that theres a guy down range they just kept blasting away with there 9mms till they were empty wich they didnt have extra mags for thank god we walked dowwn there to explain what they were doing wrong and there repli was its a public range dude well we just called the sherif and he arived about two minutes later on young man went to jail and the other two had there weapons confiscated and told to pick em up at the sherifs dept the one that got arested was a fellon in possesion of a stolen fire arm

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    I dread these types - hopefully not too large in number but they sure exist.

I regard them as having serious ego problems (like paper thin ego) and so need to reinforce same by displays of, as they think - macho - ''look at me'' stuff.

Gets old real quick and sure does not help the correct image of responsible gun ownership. See them at the range too
    Well said. I really dislike loud borish people, and this guy "fit the bill". I'd leave the range if one showed up - too dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by ssssthesnake
    ....... we just called the sherif and he arived about two minutes later on young man went to jail and the other two had there weapons confiscated and told to pick em up at the sherifs dept the one that got arested was a fellon in possesion of a stolen fire arm
    Good Sheriff! Gold Star for him!

Yeah I see those types a lot too. I've been responsible for yelling CEASE FIRE at the top of my lungs at an unsafe act, shutting down the line. The range officer always winds up throwing said violator off the range and thanking me. But you know what's WORSE? The Daddy or BF who takes his "little girl" or GF out to the range for her very first gun lesson and hands her a full house 357 or 44 and laughs when she shoots and squeals in FRIGHT at the recoil and noise. Then they lovingly wrap their arms around the little girl and say:

Awwwwww HONEY...that's okay! Handling a gun is MAN'S work. But don't YOU worry your purty little head none...I'll always protect you!

God that just makes my blood boil! I taught my daughter to shoot at age 10 and today she handles a 357 like a pro. She's 25. If I can, I try and give the girls I see treated like that my card. I'll teach 'em for free, just to help them overcome the trauma of that event. The next time they shoot, it'll be a single action 22. If I'm successful, they'll wind up a fine and SAFE gun handler and then I hope they drop the jerk (well it's tough to get rid of DAD) and wait for quality.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

I work part time at a gunshop with a range. Most folks are fairly safe but I can tell some horror stories. I've been working and witnessed two negligent discharges on two separate occasions in the store. I watch hands and muzzles more than I do faces.
    Be vigilant and never be afraid or embarrassed to help and correct improper gun handling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links