"UPS incorrect routing"

"UPS incorrect routing"

This is a discussion on "UPS incorrect routing" within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So I sent my STI shadow for warranty repairs on STI's dime. Living in TX it should should of been delivered next day, which is ...

Thread: "UPS incorrect routing"

"UPS incorrect routing"

So I sent my STI shadow for warranty repairs on STI's dime. Living in TX it should should of been delivered next day, which is today. I see a message that says "UPS incorrect routing at UPS Facility". I called and they informed me it was placed in the wrong truck and now it won't be delivered until Monday.

This better not be a sure sign that my pistol was stolen. I hope STI has insurance when sending out packages. I tried calling STI, but their closed and won't reopen until Monday.

Any advice or suggestions on this matter????

Not sure if this will make you feel better or not. I used my Google-Fu with the words UPS incorrect routing at UPS Facility and you get a lot of hits but the ones I quickly scanned over just seemed to me the package was placed on the wrong truck. I don't think anyone has stolen your gun. Just a goof up on the part of UPS. Just click on the Google link below. It is locked and loaded for you.

Google

Quote Originally Posted by WhoWeBePart1 View Post
    Not sure if this will make you feel better or not. I used my Google-Fu with the words UPS incorrect routing at UPS Facility and you get a lot of hits but the ones I quickly scanned over just seemed to me the package was placed on the wrong truck. I don't think anyone has stolen your gun. Just a goof up on the part of UPS. Just click on the Google link below. It is locked and loaded for you.

Google

Thanks, I did perform a search, but being a firearm it just makes me that much more nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by attila787 View Post
    Thanks, I did perform a search, but being a firearm it just makes me that much more nervous.
    I would be worried too...but I have no prior dealings with UPS like this. Good luck, I hope it just got put on the wrong truck.
    Guns don't kill people, people kill people...and chimps do, if they have a gun

We have a Fed-Ex facility 1 mile from us. A Co. took it to them to deliver to us, which never made any sense. However, the package went to another city, then to California (1500 miles away) ... and 3 cities there, then back to the other city, and back to here..... it took 3 weeks for them to get it delivered 1 mile and the package had traveled about 4000 miles all together.

I personally am not a huge fan of UPS, I had my status turn to exception twice in one week. I ended up having to drive 25 miles for one of their mistakes to get my package. Not trusting USPS, they can't forward mail properly not to mention certified and registered mail takes ridiculously too long to be delivered. That being said I try to use only FEDEX whenever possible. GL I'm sure you'll just have to wait out the weekend to get your gun unless you can drive to the sort facility tomorrow.
    Walk quietly and carry a big stick.

I wouldn't worry too much at this point. I just received a UPS package that I was tracking on their site. It's status was "in transit to final destination" for two days. The facility it was leaving is about an hour drive from my home.

My wife works at UPS. Yep--they put it on the wrong truck and they will fix it.
    "What does Marcellus Wallace LOOK like?"

Quote Originally Posted by Big Larry View Post
    I personally am not a huge fan of UPS, I had my status turn to exception twice in one week. I ended up having to drive 25 miles for one of their mistakes to get my package. Not trusting USPS, they can't forward mail properly not to mention certified and registered mail takes ridiculously too long to be delivered. That being said I try to use only FEDEX whenever possible. GL I'm sure you'll just have to wait out the weekend to get your gun unless you can drive to the sort facility tomorrow.
    I've had just the opposite happen to me. Get something shipped USPS gets here in 2-3 days, By UPS 5-7 if I'm lucky. See below.

Quote Originally Posted by ming View Post
    I wouldn't worry too much at this point. I just received a UPS package that I was tracking on their site. It's status was "in transit to final destination" for two days. The facility it was leaving is about an hour drive from my home.
    When ever I get that response it is usually because UPS is too lazy to deliver it, so they hold on to it for 3-4 days and then send it to me USPS.
    Kansas Concealed Carry Website

NRA/Ks. Firearms instructor
    Cheif Range Safety Officer

Hope it finally shows up! Good things come to those who wait, and wait, and wait!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ming View Post
    "in transit to final destination" is a specialized status that indicates the package will be delivered by the USPS. UPS picks up the package and transports it from place of origin to the local post office. Then the post office makes the delivery. Even though UPS has delivered the package to the location called for in their routing info they don't indicate that the package is delivered because they don't know when it will reach its fnal destination.

Some shippers have taken to providing both a UPS tracking number and a USPS tracking number so that you can actually know what is happening to the package. I got one with both numbers on Tuesday.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Sponsored Links