New M&P ms 45 - range report

This is a discussion on New M&P ms 45 - range report within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I finally divested myself of the last 40 cal and put another 45 in the safe. Just picked it up the other day and brought ...

Distinguished Member

I finally divested myself of the last 40 cal and put another 45 in the safe. Just picked it up the other day and brought it out on the farm for testing today. I set up and 7 and 25 yards. I love this gun already. The first 5 rounds, at 7 yds of course, a silver dollar would cover them. Now I have to admit that I've been getting too cozy at short range and the 25 yard target .... embarassed me. Too much rust playing at short range targets I think. But after a few magazines I began to settle in.

Here's what's interesting to me (cause I wondered about this). I brought out the old Colt 1991A1. Fed it the same Lellier & Bellot 230 grs, FMJ ammo. I've owned this gun for 25 years or more and shot it a great deal. I did MUCH better with the M&P and there's less recoil in the M&P than the Colt. This surprised me.

100 rounds, same ammo, perfect feeding. No issues at all. Now, I need to clean it. Tomorrow, another 100 and another taste test with the Colt.

I'm going for an Apex sear in the M&P. Not a big fan of the factory trigger. It's "ok" but nothing to write home about. But I believe it's safe for me to say, the next 45 will be the M&P 45c. I really like it and now I understand what all the hubbub has been about. If your on the fence, maybe this will help you.

Final comment; I've never dialed in to a new gun this quickly. Never shot a Glock but if this is what it feels like, I get it. True love. aaahhhh. Time to smoke a cigarette and order roses.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Recoil technology has progressed quite a bit since 1911, when weight was king. Even with the lighter plastic frames, recoil is seldom an issue.

Glad you like it. I have the G30 and enjoy it. I was going to get the M&P 40 awhile back, but bought a little (?) CZ-82 in 9mm Mak. Great little gun for a project. I intended to get either the S&W or a G22 in .40, get 9mm and .357 SIG conversion barrels, but the $$s kept mounting up. So me and Mak and Mr. Glock wil have to do for a while!
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Links