Gun show adventure

This is a discussion on Gun show adventure within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have been looking for a gun belt lately and decided to wait for my local gun show to see what they had. Almost did ...

Thread: Gun show adventure

Gun show adventure

I have been looking for a gun belt lately and decided to wait for my local gun show to see what they had. Almost did not go, then at the last minute decided to check it out.

Grabbed a S&W 456 in .45 acp that I was thinking about selling. Grabbed the 99 rds of misc ammo too. I got a couple questions in the parking lot. Then I took 5 steps inside the building and had a buyer. Sweet, now I'm up $300.

Go in still looking for a gun belt. Nothing that really jumped out at me. Looks like it's the beltman for me then.

So we spend the rest of the time eyeing the XD sc 9mm that my wife is really wanting. We find one and start doing some quick math, $300 from the sale, $95 that I had, and $100 in grocery cash we had just taken out. So I ask my wife if she want's the XD. Yep! It followed us home at $469 and change out the door without the XD gear. So we go to the gun show looking for a belt. I sell one of my pistols. And my wife comes home with an XDsc 9mm and a vegetable peeler. Yeah, that's a productive trip.

But after weeks of me wanting to buy ammo and being told no, my wife has informed me that I need to get some ammo so she can shoot her gun. I think I have created a monster.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

2. Remove Ads

If your wife likes to shoot, you'd better hold on to her. It's hobby you can share for a long time, and you'll feel better when she's out and about without you that she can protect herself. You can always get a belt!

Glad to know you all's trip to the gun show came out for the best! I like gun shows like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    If your wife likes to shoot, you'd better hold on to her. It's hobby you can share for a long time, and you'll feel better when she's out and about without you that she can protect herself. You can always get a belt!
    Believe me, I'm not complaining. I'll likely be ordering the belt next week. And she is becoming a good shooter. We rented one of the XD's and she shot it great! 5-10 rds in and she wanted it. She has a shotgun at home, but I'm glad she has a good pistol now too. I want her to put a good number of rds through it and we are already talking about a CCP once she gets comfortable with it. She's a keeper for sure! I've know that for a LONG time.

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    Believe me, I'm not complaining. I'll likely be ordering the belt next week. And she is becoming a good shooter. We rented one of the XD's and she shot it great! 5-10 rds in and she wanted it. She has a shotgun at home, but I'm glad she has a good pistol now too. I want her to put a good number of rds through it and we are already talking about a CCP once she gets comfortable with it. She's a keeper for sure! I've know that for a LONG time.
    Congrats! Me and mine just passed the 44 year mark, we might make it. I still introduce her as Hi, this is Nancy, my first wife. I don't want her to get too comfortable.

Dave M.

Great report. My wife is not crazy about guns but will shoot with me from time to time. She likes the guns shows for the crafts and the turkey jerky. I've been looking for a good gun belt too and was waiting on next month's gun show to find one. We'll see...
    "Get out of my dreams and into my Kahr"

http://designlinetx.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kahr View Post
    Great report. My wife is not crazy about guns but will shoot with me from time to time. She likes the guns shows for the crafts and the turkey jerky. I've been looking for a good gun belt too and was waiting on next month's gun show to find one. We'll see...
    I'll be ordering mine from here most likely.

Gun Belts by The Belt Man

The sage continues. Now I am swinging by walmart tonight. And she is going to budget in our range fee. We let it lapse last week for the summer. Now that she has something of her own to shoot we are renewing out membership. My wife memorized what a Springfield XD box looked like so she could price check them all. She's seriously talking about getting her CCP too. Quite a weekend. Hopefully a range report will be coming in a week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    $300 from the sale, $95 that I had, and $100 in grocery cash
    Gotta keep your priorities in order! I like the way you think.
    America: Your government is not ignoring you, it's insulting you.

The Bill of Rights: Void where prohibited by law.

Links