Car Decals?

This is a discussion on Car Decals? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; How many of you have decals on your car, like a Glock sticker, NRA sticker, etc. A friend had his car broken into several times ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Car Decals?

Car Decals?

How many of you have decals on your car, like a Glock sticker, NRA sticker, etc. A friend had his car broken into several times when he had an NRA sticker on his car. He took the sticker off and no more break-ins.
    I wanted to get an XD sticker and some other ones to add to my NRA sticker, but now I am not sure if it's a good idea. BTW, I am a female who lives in an apartment complex with just a carport to park under. My car is a Chevy Equinox. I never leave any of my guns or shooting gear in the car overnight. Your thoughts?

2. Remove Ads

Why advertise?
    How could it be a plus?
    Last edited by RETSUPT99; April 22nd, 2010 at 04:55 PM.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Gray Man here! No advertising on my vehicle!

Need a place for your decals? Put them on your gun cases or range gear.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

put the stickers elsewhere, not your car.
    Wo die Notwehr aufhört, fängt der Mord an
    (Murder begins where self-defense ends)
    Georg Büchner

No stickers on my HEMI at all!!!! No need to advertise.
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

When I was a kid back in the 1960s I thought an NRA decal was original equipment on a vehicle. I still keep one in the bottom corner of the rear window.

Administrator
    I'll never understand why people feel the need to advertise brand names that they happen to like. Nobody cares that you like your XD, or that I like my Sig or Joe down the street likes Glock. Why advertise for free and put yourself at risk?
    "Just blame Sixto"

AzB
    Only sticker on my car is the American flag.
    Az

-- Luck favors the well prepared.

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    I don't do stickers on my cars. I can't see it while I drive, and no one else cares. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Why advertise?
    How could it be a plus?
    Maybe people with think twice before cutting her off?

I learned the hard way when I had an NRA sticker on my cloth top Jeep. Although nothing was taken, I had to buy a new top. Why does NRA mail out those stickers anyway? I suppose it is to go on my gun box.
    Live every day so that you can, with a clear conscience, look all men in their eyes and tell them to go to hell.

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    Nope, although I plan on putting another forum's sticker on my car . . . as it's only a couple of initials and meaningless to most sheeple.

I've been resisting the urge to put the NRA sticker on my car, I'd love to recruit more members but I don't want the wrong people thinking there may be guns in my car or home.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Without even thinking about the possibility of increased break-ins, I think MOST stickers on cars look tacky and stick out like a sore thumb so I would never put one on... EXCEPT, that is, my Ducks Unlimited duck head and that's only on my truck in the back window behind the drivers side headrest.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed."
    -Alexander Hamilton

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Nope. I don't have dealer names on my license plate covers, etc. either. Gun stickers and the like are only clues to the BGs that you might make a good target. And if I'm not getting paid to advertise by anyone, I'm not sporting their logos, etc. So take that, Nike!
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Reminds me of when I was a kid a long long time ago. My dad would sometimes take us to the Wisconsin Dells. When leaving the parking lot, there was always a big black really sticky bumper sticker on every car that said " I visited the Wisconsin Dells." Nothing made my dad cuss more while he tried to scrape that sticker off with a razor blade.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links