I wore my NRA hat today and was given the evil eye multiple times

This is a discussion on I wore my NRA hat today and was given the evil eye multiple times within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Must be a yankee thing. Around here you see several NRA t-shirts and hats everywhere you go. Sometimes the Walmart looks like an NRA convention ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I wore my NRA hat today and was given the evil eye multiple times

Must be a yankee thing.

Around here you see several NRA t-shirts and hats everywhere you go.

Sometimes the Walmart looks like an NRA convention is taking place.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by fastk9dad View Post
    This is the NRA hat I have.

If anyone actually has the spine to confront you, mess with their mind... tell them you're a HUGE fan of FDR and his National Reconstruction Act (the original "stimulus project" in the *first* Great Depression).

Carry on, brother. Don't be deterred by wimps with evil eyes.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by Realfriend View Post
    I wear the NRA hat with the eagle logo on the front, and I don't think most people realize there are guns involved...
    That's because it well resembles the logos for the American seal and that of the US Navy SEALs.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Wear that NRA hat with pride!

Hey, give the other 50% something to think about. hehe Smile and introduce yourself. Kindness just eats those people alive! Oh, oh, and carry membership cards and see if they are interested! Man, that would make for a fun grocery trip.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Wearing such a cap here in Jersey is a hangable offense.
    Life is short enough as it is.
    The United States Constitution 1791. All Rights Reserved.

VIP Member
    This thread is a good reminder how bad I need an NRA hat, I'll see about ordering one this weekend.

Sorry about your trouble in Maine; I can't imagine imagine getting the stink-eye around here by wearing an NRA hat.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    If anyone actually has the spine to confront you, mess with their mind... tell them you're a HUGE fan of FDR and his National Reconstruction Act (the original "stimulus project" in the *first* Great Depression).

Carry on, brother. Don't be deterred by wimps with evil eyes.
    LOL

I think the "National Rifle Association" stitching on the back will blow my cover though. ;)

I'm not really worried about what people think when I wear that hat I just have so many other thats that I wear it filled a niche (waterproof) that I didn't have before. Although that black one is pretty sharp and may find it's way into my rotation someday.

I live in a condo/townhouse complex and I have a lot of neighbors that I've never said more than hi too. One day I was wearing that hat shoveling snow and one of those neighbors actually came up to me and started small talk about the weather and such. He's a Guardsman and an outdoorsman so he was probably happy to see someone else similar minded on the street.

Funnny stuff

WHile I don't have a hat..yet..member, but no hat.

I get the same "looks" every now then....not often, but I do get looks when I'm sporting my GLOCK hat.

I get alot more looks when I have the hat on and a shirt that says "I support diversity" then has like, forty different handguns pics on the back.

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoWeBePart1 View Post
    It is your basic NRA hat, the black one with yellow letters. It was raining and I had to pick up a few things from the grocery store so I threw on the NRA hat because it needs to be broken in.

Maine has been dealing with a lot of firearm topics in the media lately but I didn't give that much thought. Hat looks nice, fits me well and keeps my head dry. That is what I was thinking and nothing more.

I had 5 people give me the evil eye. One older lady even threw in the extra evil stink eye and another man would not take his eyes off of me while I was standing in line. Being that I keep my head on a swivel each time I viewed him he was staring at me with that evil eye.
    I never thought wearing an NRA hat would draw that much attention but it did. Maybe it is because of all the recent media attention in Maine about firearms. I know there are people that hate the NRA so maybe I found 5 of them tonight.

I'd just smile and wink at them.

I wear my NRA hat everywhere I go. It has the NRA logo in the stylized circle, stitched in black on green/brown waterproof cotton.
    I have gotten the evil eye once in a while. I just smile and nod. Hey, they're the ones getting their blood pressure up, not me.
    On the other hand, I have received many more positive reactions than negative.
    I just try to be an example that we are not all wingnuts.

The maximum effective range of an excuse is zero meters.

They don't call it "New" England for nothing...
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

I wear mine everyday, if that upsets someone, just imagine what that 1911 under my shirt will do...
    Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading.

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    I've never noticed any reaction when I wear mine in Alabama or when I go next door to Mississippi.
    For God, Family and Country!

About the only attention mine gets is positive. Take it as an opportunity to make friends and influence people. Give the evil eye givers a nice smile. If they engage you in conversation be polite and do your best to convince them of their wrong perception of gun owners.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links