I wore my NRA hat today and was given the evil eye multiple times

This is a discussion on I wore my NRA hat today and was given the evil eye multiple times within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by AzB It wasn't the hat. Put your pants back on. Where you at walmart...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I wore my NRA hat today and was given the evil eye multiple times

Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    It wasn't the hat. Put your pants back on.

Where you at walmart

2. Remove Ads

The "stink eye" is commonly given out in the Northeast regardless of what you're wearing, it is more of a subconscience way simple minded people look at you in bewilderment / confusion because they don't know who you are or what you're about. It's their way of saying "back off", like the whole "can't get there from here" stuff, but really they're just afraid of you because you're not familiar, and that confuses them. These same people when you present them with something new, like telling them "look! that building is on fire!" will reply with "Really?, it shouldn't be".

The stink eye must be deflected, it can not be ignored or the stink eyer wins his battle with you, the world around them, and the deep dark confusion in his own head. You have to just slightly pre-stink eye the stink eyer, being careful not to over stink eye them or be too late on the stink eye draw or else they'll take it as agressive, in which case you'll get a huge stink eye and maybe a punch in the nose. I like to start off with a pre stink eye and progressively increase the stinkyness of my eye. So the trick is to just give them a slightly firm stink eye, and if they try to stink eye you back, just hold firm to your own stink eye until they look down at the ground or look away, being careful not to de-stink your eye prematurely. At this point you've been accepted into their throught process and they know you're not a threat or if you are a threat, you're more dominant and they would loose any real confrontation, be it a stick eye dual or a real physical confrontation. He who stink eyes first usually wins.

P.S. ...and watch out for the double stink eyes, when both eyes go stink, the next thing you know is the brow pushes down, eyes get crossed, and the stink eyer has you under their control.
    I know what you're thinking: "Did he fire six shots or only five?" "Is that a Smith & Wesson 686+ 7 shot or 627 8 shot?" "Does he have a concealed Sig P226 SCT and two spare mags?" You've got to ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?

Wire up your hat with a bunch of small LEDs highlighting the NRA lettering and a pressure switch running down your sleeve. Then when you get the "eye", look right at them and switch on the light show!

Hope y'all come to the NRA convention here in Charlotte in May. Lots of guns on exhibit and likeminded folks to talk to.

I only wear mine when I go over to the Peoples Republic of Jersey. If I wear it in PA, I have to talk to too many people. Most folks in my area like the hat. Plus in PA, I don't want people to know I am carrying. The hat kind of shouts "GUN".

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by reinhold View Post
    The "stink eye" is commonly given out in the Northeast regardless of what you're wearing, it is more of a subconscience way simple minded people look at you in bewilderment / confusion because they don't know who you are or what you're about. It's their way of saying "back off", like the whole "can't get there from here" stuff, but really they're just afraid of you because you're not familiar, and that confuses them. These same people when you present them with something new, like telling them "look! that building is on fire!" will reply with "Really?, it shouldn't be".

The stink eye must be deflected, it can not be ignored or the stink eyer wins his battle with you, the world around them, and the deep dark confusion in his own head. You have to just slightly pre-stink eye the stink eyer, being careful not to over stink eye them or be too late on the stink eye draw or else they'll take it as agressive, in which case you'll get a huge stink eye and maybe a punch in the nose. I like to start off with a pre stink eye and progressively increase the stinkyness of my eye. So the trick is to just give them a slightly firm stink eye, and if they try to stink eye you back, just hold firm to your own stink eye until they look down at the ground or look away, being careful not to de-stink your eye prematurely. At this point you've been accepted into their throught process and they know you're not a threat or if you are a threat, you're more dominant and they would loose any real confrontation, be it a stick eye dual or a real physical confrontation. He who stink eyes first usually wins.

P.S. ...and watch out for the double stink eyes, when both eyes go stink, the next thing you know is the brow pushes down, eyes get crossed, and the stink eyer has you under their control.
    Interesting and complex all rolled into one. How about if I just walked over to the one giving me the stink eye and tell him he looks familiar and was he my cell-mate about five years ago?
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

I hate hat's, so I wear the NRA t-shirts a lot. Up here, I usually get a positive remark about it.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Thanks for reminding me.I've been a member for a whole lot of years but I need to get a new hat. sj

Quote Originally Posted by WhoWeBePart1 View Post
    It is your basic NRA hat, the black one with yellow letters. It was raining and I had to pick up a few things from the grocery store so I threw on the NRA hat because it needs to be broken in.

Maine has been dealing with a lot of firearm topics in the media lately but I didn't give that much thought. Hat looks nice, fits me well and keeps my head dry. That is what I was thinking and nothing more.

I had 5 people give me the evil eye. One older lady even threw in the extra evil stink eye and another man would not take his eyes off of me while I was standing in line. Being that I keep my head on a swivel each time I viewed him he was staring at me with that evil eye.

I never thought wearing an NRA hat would draw that much attention but it did. Maybe it is because of all the recent media attention in Maine about firearms. I know there are people that hate the NRA so maybe I found 5 of them tonight.
    I have same hat. Don't wash it though. Mine shrunk. Fits my 5yr old pretty good now

Everyone loves the NRA where I live??
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

Where in Maine are you? I open carry on occasion and never get a second glance well mostly never. It just seems to be here in central Maine people expect you to have a gun

Quote Originally Posted by halfcrazy View Post
    Where in Maine are you? I open carry on occasion and never get a second glance well mostly never. It just seems to be here in central Maine people expect you to have a gun
    I'm in the Bangor region. I've been thinking about OC'ing in Bar Harbor but I doubt I ever will do it.

Well Bangor surprises me in a way I always just felt like we where in an area where it was ok? Head in to Van Raymond Outfitters in Brewer some time Open Carry and go on upstairs and browse and chat with Rick one heck of a nice guy and he will not look at you with odd looks. He is a fan of 1911's and carry's one all the time

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by delford View Post
    Hope y'all come to the NRA convention here in Charlotte in May. Lots of guns on exhibit and likeminded folks to talk to.
    Just don't bring your gun.

It's always amazing to me the number of people that are willing to fight just as hard to throw their rights away and be led by the nose like sheep, all the while thinking THEY are the ones that are "enlightened".

I always smile at them. Not because I like them, or because I'm trying to "kill 'em with kindness" but in actuallity, I'm laughing to myself because find it actually funny that they are so completely oblivious to how ignorant they really are.

Lib-tards are a strange species.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links