Awesome logic from my uncle

This is a discussion on Awesome logic from my uncle within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I've been a victim of a burglary. About 11 yrs ago after my ex and I split up, I rented an apt., it was 1 ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Awesome logic from my uncle

I've been a victim of a burglary. About 11 yrs ago after my ex and I split up, I rented an apt., it was 1 of 4 units in the bldg. It was labor day, and I went to a cook out, when I returned my kitchen window above the sink was pried open. The only thing stolen was my lock box. Unfortunately, the contents were floppy discs of cases I was working on as a professional investigator for a law office. Ended up losing $15K in lost income due to the loss of those discs.
    By the way, I caught the burglar, and had her, yes I said her arrested. Turned out to be my downstairs neighbor (22 yrs. old) and she came from a wealthy family who finally got disgusted with bailing her out of all her problems. She was a druggy of course. Ended up pleading out for probation at the District Magistrates office by an assistant DA. Never did get a dime of my money from her family either.
    Do I go armed, yes always and that's why my guns weren't taken, cause they were on me at the time.
    Your uncle is living in his own delusional bubble, thinking it can never happen to me or mine. Sorry, but I'm a realist, I know it can happen even if the odds are low. I just don't know when or where, so I'm always prepared for the worst and hope and pray for the best.
    Good luck and always stay safe.
    USCCA/DEFENSIVE HANDGUNS
    GSSA/NRA
    DEFENSIVE CARRY
    GLOCK TALK
    PAFOA/American Gun Owners

2. Remove Ads

When me and my wife were dating her apartment in a "safe" part of LA was burglarized (yea I know... LA right?)

She takes me gun nuttedness in stride, she understands now that crime does happen. I hope your uncle can continue to live in his Sheeple world because nothing bad ever happens to him or some one he loves - but if it does he will be bitten twice - once when he realizes that the world is NOT a safe place, and a second time when he realizes the enormity of his failure to protect himself when he had been warned all along.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    Where is this utopia he speaks of?
    Don't worry about that, after all sooner or later they will bring it here right? You can bury your head to not see the evil in the world but that does not make it go away.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links