CCWSupply.BIZ order?

CCWSupply.BIZ order?

This is a discussion on CCWSupply.BIZ order? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I ordered a Ross Pocket Guard holster from CCW Supply on April 1. I have not received it as of yet nor any confirmation. I ...

Angry CCWSupply.BIZ order?

I ordered a Ross Pocket Guard holster from CCW Supply on April 1. I have not received it as of yet nor any confirmation. I tried calling the phone number listed on the website only to be transfered immediately to a message that says: "The mailbox belonging to this user is full."

Hmmmmmm.......

Anyone else have input here?

Try the below contact info I pulled out of the domain registration info.

517-204-9280
    phil@ccwsupply.biz

The domain was registered through godaddy.com so if those dont work you may try contacting them to see if they have any other ideas.

Emails and phone calls...... If that doesn't work I would call the BBB and see if they are still in business....
    Kimber Custom TLE II, GLOCK 30SF, GLOCK 19C, Walther PK380
    Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro (Greyhound) Holster
    Mega Arms Billet AR-15's
    NRA Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinR View Post
    I ordered a Ross Pocket Guard holster from CCW Supply on April 1. I have not received it as of yet nor any confirmation. I tried calling the phone number listed on the website only to be transfered immediately to a message that says: "The mailbox belonging to this user is full."

Hmmmmmm.......

Did Your read his Conditions of Sale? It looks like you are going to have to send him a letter by snail mail (I would not waste the money to send by registered mail). It is not unusual for a custom hoister to take several weeks or months. If you cancel, It does not look like you are going to get much back.

From his webpage:

>Guarantee/Warranty
    Conditions of Sale
    Order Cancellation Info
    Merchandise On Order -Leather Holsters
    Ross Custom Leather Holster orders take some time to deliver when the item is not in our stock or factory stock. The delivery time varies from 4 weeks to 16 weeks depending upon the time of year the order was placed. Since each holster is custom made to order, the amount you paid for the holster is a non-refundable deposit for the order you placed. Your leather holster order is "Merchandise On Order" and is not "Merchandise Not Received". You may cancel the order before the date the factory ships it to us IF you cancel via US Mail (See Cancellation Fees Section).
    Cancellation Fees
    Orders may be cancelled at no charge, via US Mail ONLY. If you wish to cancel an order, or cannot wait for an item with extended delivery, simply drop us a note via US Mail (please include your name and order number) and we will be happy to cancel the order at no charge. Send the letter to CCW Supply, 16566 Jones Road, Grand Ledge, MI 48837.
    If any other method is used to cancel a Leather Holster Order other than a letter via US Mail, and we did not get a chance to credit your credit card with your written, mailed request to cancel, then a cancellation fee of $60 will be charged to you. We want a fair chance to credit your account if you want to cancel an order. A written, and mailed, notice from you is a hard copy of your wish to cancel. A written hard copy does not include emails or phone calls. If you do email or call us to cancel, we will hold your order until we receive a written cancellation letter. We apologize for the inconvenience of the cancellation fee mail requirement but emails and spam filters have conspired to raise our costs unfairly. The mail requirement for cancellations gives us a fair chance to keep our costs down and to respond quickly and fairly to your desire to cancel an order<
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

patriot51

Quote Originally Posted by kevinR View Post

Hmmmmmm.......

Yes, I placed an order on Sept. 24th for a different item. Haven't heard a word from my later request for an update. Have a feeling I've been had.

Quote Originally Posted by patriot51 View Post
    Yes, I placed an order on Sept. 24th for a different item. Haven't heard a word from my later request for an update. Have a feeling I've been had.
    Well.....Imagine my surprise when I see this post.....three and a half years later. The dead-beat schmuck NEVER sent my holster......never responded to my numerous attempts to follow through. Lesson learned.....

Quote Originally Posted by website's policy
    If any other method is used to cancel a Leather Holster Order other than a letter via US Mail, and we did not get a chance to credit your credit card with your written, mailed request to cancel, then a cancellation fee of $60 will be charged to you.
    Stopped reading this right here and laughed.

I realize this is an old thread but for the future:

- If you used a CC there is no need to go through his nonsense. Contest the charges as "merchandise not received". His merchant account will be debited forcefully and he has 10 days to prove he delivered it to you. If not, you get your card balance credited.

- The CC company will laugh at his "cancellation fee" for not following his BS policy, which is against the Uniform Commercial Code to begin with, the way he states it. The CC company will not allow him to collect on that. He will have to sue you in civil court for it, you may lose, but good luck getting you to pay it. You can also countersue that.

Seems like it's an old school guy that doesn't know a thing about business or legal matters. If he's out of business, it's probably for good reason. And don't ever buy from an online vendor with a domain that doesn't end in .com. Here's proof.
    Last edited by Tubby45; November 6th, 2013 at 10:40 AM.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tubby45 View Post
    Stopped reading this right here and laughed.

I realize this is an old thread but for the future:

- If you used a CC there is no need to go through his nonsense. Contest the charges as "merchandise not received". His merchant account will be debited forcefully and he has 10 days to prove he delivered it to you. If not, you get your card balance credited.

- The CC company will laugh at his "cancellation fee" for not following his BS policy, which is against the Uniform Commercial Code to begin with, the way he states it. The CC company will not allow him to collect on that. He will have to sue you in civil court for it, you may lose, but good luck getting you to pay it. You can also countersue that.

Seems like it's an old school guy that doesn't know a thing about business or legal matters. If he's out of business, it's probably for good reason. And don't ever buy from an online vendor with a domain that doesn't end in .com. Here's proof.
    Yeah, it is a pretty old thread. Just to make it clear, what you snipped from my thread are the Terms and Conditions of CCW Supply, not my business. I have no affiliation with this company.

The UCC is not Federal law, it is a complex set of recommendation to States. Although all 50 states have adopted it, each state may modify it. It becomes unenforceable if two states don't have identical provisions. Even under model UCC the seller has the right to make things right and the buyer cannot simply fail to pay for goods not received. The idea of a Civil suit over the purchase of a holster is also a joke. A person would have to be insane to sue over a holster. No lawyer would take the case anyway.

The OP had not received his holster at the time of his post. He is in fact obliged to READ and AGREE to the Terms and Conditions of sale before purchasing. If after a reasonable amount of time has passed and the seller has not received his merchandise, he may dispute the charges to his credit card with his card issuing bank. Normally this process takes about 5-6 weeks. The seller will receive notice of a chargeback and the charge will normally be debited from his merchant account. The seller then has an opportunity to dispute the chargeback.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Quote Originally Posted by SIGP250 View Post
    Yeah, it is a pretty old thread. Just to make it clear, what you snipped from my thread are the Terms and Conditions of CCW Supply, not my business. I have no affiliation with this company.
    Yeah, that didn't come out right looking at it now. I edited the quote to remove your name and inserted "website's policy".

The UCC is not Federal law, it is a complex set of recommendation to States. Although all 50 states have adopted it, each state may modify it. It becomes unenforceable if two states don't have identical provisions. Even under model UCC the seller has the right to make things right and the buyer cannot simply fail to pay for goods not received.
    Yes I know it is not law, but the CC processors treat it as law for determining who is right in disputes.

The idea of a Civil suit over the purchase of a holster is also a joke. A person would have to be insane to sue over a holster. No lawyer would take the case anyway.
    I agree it is a joke, but suits have been filed for even less. No lawyer is needed or many time allowed in a civil small claims lawsuit.

If after a reasonable amount of time has passed and the seller has not received his merchandise, he may dispute the charges to his credit card with his card issuing bank. Normally this process takes about 5-6 weeks. The seller will receive notice of a chargeback and the charge will normally be debited from his merchant account. The seller then has an opportunity to dispute the chargeback.
    I know how chargebacks work and the dispute process isn't 5-6 weeks, it's much faster. Both sides of the issue, none have taken more than 2 weeks to "resolve" that I've been involved in.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Links