Range Day part 2

This is a discussion on Range Day part 2 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; went to the range this past wednesday since it was my day off. this time we took mom. started off fine dad went through the ...

Thread: Range Day part 2

Range Day part 2

went to the range this past wednesday since it was my day off. this time we took mom. started off fine dad went through the basics with mom handed her the ruger sr9 and i swear first shot it rattled her so bad she pointed the gun to the side (where im at) i hit the deck so fast dad was kind of amazed i could still move that fast lol. anyways to add to a very good day at the range there was this old man who showed up asked if id be interested in trying a custom built .45 i mean honestly who would pass that up. handed me the pistol and a box of reloads and said have fun i was in heaven
    i swear the recoil on it was less then my 9mm i fell in love with it hahaha.

then he breaks out a ruger mk 22 im talking a model that was made before they started stamping the mk on it i mean it was that old, then he had a mk 22/45 with a bull barrel. now i can honestly say before that day i had never really messed with a .22 pistol but after going through about 300 rounds of .22 im in love it was just so much fun messing with it i honestly encourage everyone to try it atleast once. i cant wait for another range day i have already made up my mind next pay check im getting a ruger mk 22/45.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit" -Aristotle

2. Remove Ads

Sounds like a good day at the range! It's a lot of fun finding something that you love to shoot.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I regularly run 100 rounds thru my Glock 30 conversion kit after I shoot up my .45 Auto rounds. Practice is practice!
    I, too, once shot an accurized 1911 and was pretty amazed with it. I'd always heard the old GI stories that it wouldn't hit a barn wall from the inside. But the expense of that isn't something I'm ready to deal with.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Links