Bullets ejecting with the casing????

This is a discussion on Bullets ejecting with the casing???? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Wild guess here, but could there be a mag issue? I would think it would jam the gun before it let one completely out and ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bullets ejecting with the casing????

Wild guess here, but could there be a mag issue? I would think it would jam the gun before it let one completely out and fed another though. Does not sound right. But another range trip may be in order to insure it's functioning correctly. Not sure I would trust it until I could rule out a problem, even if it is a Glock.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

2. Remove Ads

Empty brass is ejected and thrown from a pistol. If there was some sort of magical double feed and an unfired round managed to get spit out of the magazine it would most likely just fall at your feet. ???????????

Unique situation to say the least.

OMO

bosco

I had a bad mag that spewed out bullets after firing the first one, it caused a jam and didn't load a round. It could be possible that the feed lips of your magazine are defective.

after rethinking,if it is a magazine issue it may be possible that after firing during eject cycle round may of popped out of magazine and fell on floor twice,how many holes were in your target and was that a factory glock mag or aftermarket
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I would have an exorcism performed
    My GLOCK goes BANG every time!

VIP Member
    If cartridges are ejecting without being fired, I would have to suspect that the ammo is faulty or the firing pin is obstructed. If spent cases were not being ejected you might suspect a dirty or over oiled pistol.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Hole in your pocket?

BTW they aren't called 'whole bullets' they are cartridges.

Bullet + powder + case = cartridge
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Hole in your pocket?

That's funny. You would think we know what he means.

I just had a guy place an order for 2,000 .22cal. Hornady bullets. I had to call him just to ask him if he knew that he was buying bullets, not cartridges. He said, Yup, I've been looking all over for these.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Quote Originally Posted by raevan View Post
    I had a bad mag that spewed out bullets after firing the first one, it caused a jam and didn't load a round. It could be possible that the feed lips of your magazine are defective.

Yea I'm going to go the range and use the two magazines and see if one of them is the problem. This is a new Glock just bought it about 1 1/2 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Hole in your pocket?

please keep your sarcasm to your self . It seems that you haven't grown up. You either respond with common courtesy or just stay quiet and stop trying to belittle people.

Quote Originally Posted by lionassad View Post
    please keep your sarcasm to your self . It seems that you haven't grown up. You either respond with common courtesy or just stay quiet and stop trying to belittle people.
    I don't see the sarcasm and belittlement but only a little friendly education.

I've never seen nor heard of a pistol ejecting live ammo. I've seen them flip rounds backward and leave them standing upright in the mag, but never, ever ejecting live ammo.

See, in order for a round to eject it has to be held in place by the extractor--the little lever or claw on the right side of your pistol's slide. As the slide moves back, the rear of the case is pushed out by the ejector--a little stud in the back of your pistol's frame. If a piece of spent brass is in the way, that can't happen.

So--if the gun fired, and it has to in order for the slide to move backward on it's own, then the spent brass blocks the hole until it ejects, and THEN a new piece of live ammo is stripped out of the mag and moved into the barrel. Until the gun fires again, it's a paperweight. nothing can move and everything just sits there, waiting.

Did that make sense? Without manually racking the slide, there is no power to move it, and the ejection port/top of the mag is blocked until the spent case ejects. The ammo can move inside the mag if your srpings are weak, but it can't eject on it's own.

I think ya picked up someone else's ammo, guy (and that's the GOOD news!) <g>

Dan
    "What does Marcellus Wallace LOOK like?"

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    after rethinking,if it is a magazine issue it may be possible that after firing during eject cycle round may of popped out of magazine and fell on floor twice,how many holes were in your target and was that a factory glock mag or aftermarket
    I believe this is the winner.

Hard to believe with a Glock mag but its letting 2 loose at a time. One round is getting gathered into the ramp and running to battery while the slide is kicking the other up and away.

Are there firing pin strikes on the primers of the 2 rounds...if so you may have a serious problem. And if you are firing so fast you can't tell if a round has gone off or not I recommend you slow your cadence for safety and only hits count.
    Who is John Galt?

Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us...

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    I allotted no sarcasm in that post. You are mistaken. And overly sensitive. And rude.

With a post count of 18 I suggest you read more and be offended less.

You used incorrect nomenclature to describe a cartridge. It was confusing. Around these parts we try to keep things a little more tidy than that. I gave you the common courtesy of pointing out the correct nomenclature, and demonstrated the difference. Not everybody is cognizant of that, so I put it out there without any name calling or demeaning comments.

Now you have chosen to attack me so I have had my say.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

TEACHING someone something is above and beyond common courtesy.

All of us here assume that everyone is here to learn, so you will sometimes receive unsolicited but solid advice or correction. It has nothing to do with belittling people, and Paramedic's response was simply an attempt to do two things:

1) Teach you something it was obvious you didn't know.
    2) Keep you from looking foolish in the future by using incorrect nomenclature.

Get over it, grow thicker skin, and enjoy the forum. Lots of great folks here if you'll lighten up a bit.
    Sig Sauer P239 SAS DAK 9mm (EDC)
    MR Micro Desert Eagle .380 acp (BUG)
    Glock G30sf .45 acp (HD)
    Mossberg 500 Tactical Persuader 12ga (HD)
    WASR 10/63 AK-47 7.62x39 (SHTF)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links