Bullets ejecting with the casing???? - Page 3

Bullets ejecting with the casing????

This is a discussion on Bullets ejecting with the casing???? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by lionassad please keep your sarcasm to your self . It seems that you haven't grown up. You either respond with common courtesy ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bullets ejecting with the casing????

Quote Originally Posted by lionassad View Post
    please keep your sarcasm to your self . It seems that you haven't grown up. You either respond with common courtesy or just stay quiet and stop trying to belittle people.
    I would just like to point out when attempting to diagnose a problem with someone's firearm using only written words, it is usually critically important to use proper terminology and nomenclature when trying to convey what the problem is we are trying to diagnose.

You asked us to help you figure out what is wrong with your gun. A Glock of all guns no less. A firearm with an impeccable reputation of functioning flawlessly.

None of us was present when you had your suspected malfunction and there are no photographs to give us a visual reference of what happened.

Therefore, we must rely on an accurate verbal description of what is wrong in order to provide any feedback which would be of any value.

Using proper terminology and nomenclature helps ensure less confusion and helps provide an accurate description.

Now, if one is a novice to firearms, and simply does not know the proper terminology and nomenclature, we can understand that. There is no harm in that, and certainly nothing to be embarrassed about. Nonetheless, it still makes attempting to help you troubleshoot the perceived problem more difficult, or at least, more confusing.

Having someone explain to you what the proper terminology is in a post is not necessarily meant to chide or berate your knowledge of weaponry but is usually done in order to help educate a person who is asking for help in the first place.

One would hope one would receive the information in the same spirit in which it is given.

Likewise, not every educated and intelligent person has a great command of proper grammar, spelling or use of punctuation, however most people tend to overlook such infractions.

I'll get off my soapbox now and let the thread continue and hopefully you won't be so quick to jump on someone for making a correction and trying to be helpful.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    sounds like somebody shot before you and dropped some bullets,there is no way you are going to shoot and have 2 intact bullets,without a jam or misfire
    I have seen it happen. I'm not saying that this is the OP's problem but here is what I have seen more than once. A new shooter at an indoor range rents a semi-auto maybe for the firs time. He chambers a round. For what ever reason, he racks the slide without firing the first round. What happens? The pistols starts unloading with one still in the tube.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

paramedic70002

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    I allotted no sarcasm in that post. You are mistaken. And overly sensitive. And rude.

With a post count of 18 I suggest you read more and be offended less.

You used incorrect nomenclature to describe a cartridge. It was confusing. Around these parts we try to keep things a little more tidy than that. I gave you the common courtesy of pointing out the correct nomenclature, and demonstrated the difference. Not everybody is cognizant of that, so I put it out there without any name calling or demeaning comments.

Now you have chosen to attack me so I have had my say.
    paramedic70002 I apologize for my actions I was just frustrated with my situation. You are right please accept my apology

Just a suggestion... could it have been a "stovepipe", but the cartridge somehow got kicked out of the gun? I'm not familiar with that kind of problem, but I thought I'd throw that thought out there as well.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    I can't speak as to a glock, but using a sig p229 and a combination of snap caps and empty brass I can't make the O.P.'s problem happen.

Went to the range and I fired my Glock 23 and out of the 13 bullets 2 of the bullets got ejected from the side ejector intact the other 11 just the cases ejected from the ejector normally. Is this normal or what could be the problem for these 2 bullets not firing?
    What?????
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli" Clemenza

Quote Originally Posted by SIGP250 View Post
    I have seen it happen. I'm not saying that this is the OP's problem but here is what I have seen more than once. A new shooter at an indoor range rents a semi-auto maybe for the firs time. He chambers a round. For what ever reason, he racks the slide without firing the first round. What happens? The pistols starts unloading with one still in the tube.
    this of all the possible causes tossed out so far, this is the most plausible.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    paramedic70002 I apologize for my actions I was just frustrated with my situation. You are right please accept my apology
    Thank you. Please stick around and enjoy the site. Don't let me or anyone else scare you away over a minor misunderstanding.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Yep...Not possible...
    Nothing says more about how you feel, than a lead flower.

I've seen it happen... when slide goes back & to eject the casing ... the next bullet (no, I never use the word cartridge for a handgun) was never in the mag well or wasn't held in the mag well, and slides / pops immediately up as the slide goes back.... and is pushed out or falls out when the casing is ejected. The next round then chambers when the slide comes forward.

It's rare, because normally the slide will jam..... but I have actually seen it happen. You would have only had 11 bangs.

Check the mag ....

Did we get clarification as to whether the two rounds left on the ground had a dimple on the primers? How many holes in the target?

There are ways to use deductive reasoning and narrow down the options...
    Forget 'Twitter', i'm on the CB...
    Cruiser Outfitters
    Utah Firearm
    Expedition Utah

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    I allotted no sarcasm in that post. You are mistaken. And overly sensitive. And rude.

With a post count of 18 I suggest you read more and be offended less.

You used incorrect nomenclature to describe a cartridge. It was confusing. Around these parts we try to keep things a little more tidy than that. I gave you the common courtesy of pointing out the correct nomenclature, and demonstrated the difference. Not everybody is cognizant of that, so I put it out there without any name calling or demeaning comments.

Now you have chosen to attack me so I have had my say.
    Amen Paramedic! Well put. I detected no sarcasm nor any snarkiness. I believe the person who accused you of this needs to read a lot more and get a feel for this site as it is very much different from any other forum I have ever belonged to or frequented.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    lionassad I would like to welcome you to this massive information database we call a forum.

I'm sure you know that on a message board forum it is difficult to tell if someone is being a smart-ass or just providing a friendly correction. As I am sure you have read the forum rules flaming, trolling and personal attacks are strictly prohibited so stuff like that isn't likely going to be coming from a seasoned member.
    Members that have been around the block more then once love to provide suggestions, advice and information but if the problem is not described in a way we all can understand it is difficult.
    You jumped the gun but manned up and apologized; kudos

Back on topic

If it is truly possible to eject live rounds from a semi auto pistol the only thing I could possibly think of is a magazine problem.

Did you have any failure to fire?
    Did the slide lock back after the last round was fired?
    Was it a factory Glock magazine or an aftermarket?

I was thinking a follower failure. A round is fired, then ejected, another round is stripped from the magazine but the follower fails by sticking. The recoil frees the follower at the moment the case is ejected causing the cartridge stack to fly upward possibly with a round pointing up, that round shoots past the feed lips and the force of the slide stripping the next round forces the round out.

Again this is a theory and I don't know if it is possible. Personally I would verify function by shooting a full magazine (slowly) then count holes to make sure you have the same number of holes as round you loaded. If the gun is actually ejecting live rounds I would be looking at the magazine with scrutiny.
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Quote Originally Posted by SIGP250 View Post
    I too have seen this happen with a new shooter. "She" fired the first shot...then racked the slide again..ejecting an un-fired round to the floor with one in the tube. If I had not corrected this the first time...she would have racked the slide after each round. The concept of an auto just needed to stick. Not saying that's the OP's problem...but a possibility as SIGP250 pointed out.

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    the gun cannot eject 2 rounds at one time...spent and live...the action would not allow both the brass and an unfired round to leave the ejection port and the positioning required would just plain not be possible...

counting holes isnt going to solve anything....obviously he is finding live rounds on the ground therefore the target would not have holes in it from them...firing the gun with a full mag and getting a bang for every trigger pull for every loaded round would indicate that every round fired...you dont need math for that...just the ability to count the number of bangs you hear and compare it to the number of rounds in the mag...

sorry to oversimplify but this is really an easy problem to solve...just shoot the gun and make sure the right number of bangs occur that agree with the number of rounds loaded....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links