Ban ~~PreBan ~~PostBan

Ban ~~PreBan ~~PostBan

This is a discussion on Ban ~~PreBan ~~PostBan within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I understand both sides of the "evil" AR gun scenario, but what's the hoopla (other than capacity issues -10 rd v 17 rd, etc) for ...

Thread: Ban ~~PreBan ~~PostBan

Ban ~~PreBan ~~PostBan

I understand both sides of the "evil" AR gun scenario, but what's the hoopla (other than capacity issues -10 rd v 17 rd, etc) for magazines for SA's.
    There's somebody i came across selling a "PreBan" Glock mag for 140 some odd dollars.
    Doesn't a 3rd gen post ban 17 rd mag do the same thing as a pre ban 17 rd mag?

I understand there are stampings, etc I get that but now that the ban has expired what's the dif?
    Maybe it matters depending on which state you reside in and it's laws. Is that a consideration?

I live in CO. I can buy the 31+2 Glock Mags. 17rd mags came with my G17.
    TIA
    John

Doesn't a 3rd gen post ban 17 rd mag do the same thing as a pre ban 17 rd mag?

It depends on where you live and the laws. To answer your question that would be a yes and a no. Yes for you and me, but not always for others.

Thanks RR,
    Could you elaborate?
    Do some states differentiate between pre and post legally as to what you can use? Simply based on markings or something?

I've seen side by side comparisons of Glock mags. I don't see a physical difference.

Is one "better" than the other? Load quicker, add accuracy, ... make our butts look smaller or anything. Sorry, alleged sense of humor showing. Or is something else relevant?
    J

Some states banned importation high capacity (10+ usually) magazines manufactured after a certain date (usually, Sept 94).

So, if someone has a "preban" magazine, it is a high-capacity magazine manufactured before that date, and therefore is legal to own in states that ban them.

Silly, yes. But that's the law for you.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

Thanks Cuda.

Sponsored Links