Chicago Lawmakers - "Call in the National Guard" (Merged) - Page 2

Chicago Lawmakers - "Call in the National Guard" (Merged)

This is a discussion on Chicago Lawmakers - "Call in the National Guard" (Merged) within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Simply proves what people who actually study CC instead of using emotion already know. You ban guns, you make victims out of the public....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chicago Lawmakers - "Call in the National Guard" (Merged)

Simply proves what people who actually study CC instead of using emotion already know.

You ban guns, you make victims out of the public.

Ah yes, Chicago politicians and Chicago politics. So glad I left that state. That request is just opening a Pandora's box.

Good discussion, but already running here. http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ry-police.html
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

NY Pennsylvania Railroad Station, uses national guard in addition to the various rail road police departments (MTA Police, Amtrak Police, NJ Transit, and NYPD). I never thought about their ROE, but given the fact it is so heavily saturated with police officers, I imagine they must be granted Peace Officer status in NY State, and they are probably asked to get a full police officer in the event of any issues.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Holger View Post
    NG troops would have no arrest powers, no enforcement authority, and most likely a very convoluted ROE under which to operate. So...what happens when a member of the Gangster Disciples or Latin Kings isn't intimidated by the Guard presence (which is the real goal) and kills a Guardsman? What then? Who is going to pay for the mobilization? Do they expect to man this with Guard volunteers? Without a mobilization, the Guard operates on a voluntary basis. Here's a good one: Everyone who wants to walk around the South Side without a gun and no ability to arrest gangbangers, raise your hand! <crickets>

This whole idea is stupid. Chicago has, oh, about a 1000 alternatives to try before it gets to this point. Unfortunately, all those alternatives require common sense and actual leadership, of which the city is entirely bereft.
    You don't know your history. The 1968 Democratic Convention was one occurrence where the IL National Guard was called out. They, along with the police were bashing heads everywhere. That was strange but not a riot. When Martin Luther King was killed, actually 5 months before the convention, there were riots for several days. The National Guard was called out as was regular army troops. The Guard was Federalized when they called in the regular army. It was not Marshal law but they had complete power to shooter arsons and looters on sight.
    There were tanks and APC's that formed road blocks all over the place to pretty much cut off the south and near west sides of the city from the loop and north side. There were also road blocks at the city limits to keep people from the suburbs out.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    You get what you elect. It's hard to have sympathy for the people of Chicago.
    If you delete Chicago from this sentence, and insert Detroit (or just about any other big city) it would be just as true.

I live in the Detroit cesspool, I mean, area, and it's just amazing to watch. Everything is someone else's fault, usually the evil white suburbanites. Ignored is the fact that there are several suburbs outside of Detroit, and even outside of Wayne County, that are predominantly black and middle class.

In my CPL class there were many Detroit Obama supporters who could not, or would not, articulate why they supported him yet at the same time wanted desperately to get a gun carry permit.

I'm here to tell you, don't waste any sympathy on Detroiters.
    "Be justified. Blood may be easily wiped from the sword.
    It cannot, however, be put back from where it came." --Quicksabre

Quote Originally Posted by mikeroesch View Post
    This is really sad: The State of Illinois doesn’t allow legal concealed carry for law abiding citizens, and in Chicago keeping a gun for home defense is also illegal. City residents can only hope that the U.S. Supreme Court will rule in favor of the right to bear arms and overturn the longtime ban on firearms ownership.

Mike
    Armed Citizen, Peace Out!
    Just a brief note from Chicago. Agree with everything you said. However, one small correction. Not all guns are banned for home defense - only handguns and assault weapons. Other rifles and shotguns are permissible, although there are strict registration requirements (The gun must be registered prior to taking possession of it and the registration must be renewed each year. If the registration lapses, that particular gun may never be registered again. ). Of course, when a couple city council members forget to renew their registrations (for handguns that were grandfathered under the ban), they simply passed a law granting a brief amnesty period for registering their weapons. One of the officials that took advantage of this was our current senator, Roland Burris.

Chicago is a cesspool of corruption, but it is such well managed corruption that benefits so many that it will be hard to ever clean it up.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    So what they are saying is: "guns are bad, no one should have guns... But please, please, you guys that have guns come protect us!"

I really don't understand how so many people still live in those cities. There is no way I would let my children grow up in such a dangerous place.
    Walk softly ...

They need to elect better representatives, heck, we all do!

Chicago gets no sympathy at all from me. I find it bitterly ironic that a place with some of the most restrictive gun laws has some of the worst gun crime.

Chicago is a perfect living example of that old adage, "when guns are outlawed only outlaws will have them".

-
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

Military intervention failed in Mexico
    For the record, it didn't fail in Mexico, they just dialed a wrong number.....

The Governor called out the Texas Rangers and our problems in Mexico ended very quickly........
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Where's Chicago?
    I know what you're thinking: "Did he fire six shots or only five?" "Is that a Smith & Wesson 686+ 7 shot or 627 8 shot?" "Does he have a concealed Sig P226 SCT and two spare mags?" You've got to ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?

So I guess we all know that gun ban is working out for Chicago.

But this is Chicago, how many of those people voted from the grave? And the current Governor certainly wasn't elected.

I think this is a case of why you can't just ask for the national guard and get it, but there is a specific process that must be followed, and I highly doubt that the city will meet the criteria needed, or be willing to fund the expense of mobilizing the national guard, but hey it sure looked cool in the Blues Brothers.

Absolutely. I feel for the individual who is damaged by violence, but as a whole, the whole of Chicago is getting what they deserve.

Burn, baby, burn.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links