Another "real story" to remind us to carry even if it is quick trip around the corner

This is a discussion on Another "real story" to remind us to carry even if it is quick trip around the corner within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Last night I had the scanner going. Normally Sunday nights are pretty boring where I live in Maine. Well around 1 AM a gas/convenience store ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another "real story" to remind us to carry even if it is quick trip around the corner

Unhappy Another "real story" to remind us to carry even if it is quick trip around the corner

Last night I had the scanner going. Normally Sunday nights are pretty boring where I live in Maine. Well around 1 AM a gas/convenience store was robbed. It takes me less than 5 minutes to walk to this store and I do it often and I get fuel there often as well. I don't know if he pointed a firearm at the clerk but apparently he did have a firearm. The news story has no broke yet but I spoke with one of the clerks today and he did get away with what was in the cash draw and he said they had suspect in custody.

If I really needed something quickly I might run down there and forget to arm myself as driving takes only few minutes round trip. Well after what happened this morning my mindset is forever changed.

This is the first time I have heard of this store being robbed in years and I consider where I live to still be pretty safe but sadly we all know it can happen anywhere at anytime.

Nobody was harmed.

2. Remove Ads

I don't take out the garbage without a pistol on me.
    Under the sword lifted high, there is Hell, making you tremble. But go ahead, and you have the land of Bliss.

~ Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by WhoWeBePart1 View Post
    Last night I had the scanner going. Normally Sunday nights are pretty boring where I live in Maine. Well around 1 AM a gas/convenience store was robbed. It takes me less than 5 minutes to walk to this store and I do it often and I get fuel there often as well. I don't know if he pointed a firearm at the clerk but apparently he did have a firearm. The news story has no broke yet but I spoke with one of the clerks today and he did get away with what was in the cash draw and he said they had suspect in custody.

If I really needed something quickly I might run down there and forget to arm myself as driving takes only few minutes round trip. Well after what happened this morning my mindset is forever changed.

This is the first time I have heard of this store being robbed in years and I consider where I live to still be pretty safe but sadly we all know it can happen anywhere at anytime.

Nobody was harmed.
    +1. I have a convenience store 1.5 blocks away from home needless to say I frequent on a regular basis. Still, I carry 24/7. Never leave home unarmed. Why? Because you can't possibly know in advance when you are going to need it.

There have been members of this forum who have posted needing their gun in their own driveway, before they even left home!

Stay Armed, Stay Safe... 24/7
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    +1. I have a convenience store 1.5 blocks away from home needless to say I frequent on a regular basis. Still, I carry 24/7. Never leave home unarmed. Why? Because you can't possibly know in advance when you are going to need it.

There have been members of this forum who have posted needing their gun in their own driveway, before they even left home!

Stay Armed, Stay Safe... 24/7
    ^^^^^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^^

My daughters berate me for carrying @ church.
    I told them, "do you know how many idiots have shot up a church full of people just sitting there?
    They just shut up after that, because they know I can and will show them many accounts of just that.
    I am the same as Bark'n, I'm not going anywhere without it(except when @ work)

Liberals are like Slinkies…Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

I take my weapon everywhere. Even if I'm going to get ice cream it will be on my person. Criminals are striking anywhere these days and in places you would never think of. To have is better than to have not!

Murphy's Law, if you don't have it, you will need it!

Heck, I've heard stories on here and elsewhere of people being broken into while at home, intruders just walking in the front door, even mistakenly but still. I carry when I'm awake.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraph View Post
    Me either.
    Guns don't kill people, people kill people...and chimps do, if they have a gun

It's already on me. Why would I take it off and leave. Just sayin. My wife considers it a bit "odd." But she lives with it. I miss laying around in the PJ's. But I have just gotten used to wearing it all the time at home.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    One of my 5 shot's main duty is to ride with me to the local stop and rob. Never leave home with out it.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    It's already on me. Why would I take it off and leave. Just sayin. My wife considers it a bit "odd." But she lives with it. I miss laying around in the PJ's. But I have just gotten used to wearing it all the time at home.
    When I want to hang around in my nearly undressed condition, I put on my Ultra Carry soft shoulder holster. It's comfortable and serves the purpose.

I'm almost embarrassed to admit this but I am similar.
    If I don't have a gun n me I will grab my can of OC/CS and clip it to me.
    More than once I've gone outside to take out trash only to hear something in the brush behind my shrubbery or in the woods at the edge of my backyard only to find cats, skunk, raccoon and my neighbors dog off leash.

One can never know nor assume though...

November 1st, 2008, 07:59 PM
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ught-joke.html

Same reason I always put on my seatbelt even if it is just to drive a mile down the road straight to the gas station or beer store.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

I always have my LCP with me. It is just so easy to pocket carry and very light.
    "A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington

The only time I don't carry is when I'm sleeping....and even then it's not far away!
    Most people go through life wondering if they made a difference. Marines don't have that problem! Ronald Reagan

My feeling as well. Mowing the front lawn, walking down the street to the community mailbox, or taking out the garbage - I'm armed.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links