Update: Armed Citizen Ends Robbery By Shooting Suspect

This is a discussion on Update: Armed Citizen Ends Robbery By Shooting Suspect within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://www.wowt.com/home/headlines/9...ySection=story...

Thread: Update: Armed Citizen Ends Robbery By Shooting Suspect

good job by the citizen, definitely justified

Glad he reacted well.
    "Most people respect the badge. Everybody respects the gun."

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Good for him, but what does this mean?

"
    McCullough has a valid permit to carry a gun, however, he was cited for carrying a concealed weapon.
    "

Not sure the reporters understood exactly what happened or the laws involved.
    Walk softly ...

One more concealed carry victory.

Quote Originally Posted by BigStick View Post
    McCullough has a valid permit to carry a gun, however, he was cited for carrying a concealed weapon.
    "

Not sure the reporters understood exactly what happened or the laws involved.
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here and ask: Was the Walgreen's store "posted"?

Lets see if nbc nightly news covers this story...another thug off the streets.
    You may not like guns. You may choose not to own one. That is your right.
    You might not believe in God. That is your choice.
    However, if someone breaks into your home at 3AM the first two things you are going to do are:
    1) Call someone with a gun.
    2)Pray they get there in time." - A wise man

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    I don't understand the part about having a valid permit to carry a gun and then being arrested for concealed carry. Sounds like a bit of reporter confusion.

I called Walgrens Corporate Offices a few months prior to this post due to an inquiry from a different forum. The answer was somewhat like Starbucks stance, if it is legal in your state Walgrens does not have a problem with it.

Doug
    Member:USCCA, NRA, GOA, WVCDL
    U.S. Navy vet 1955-1959, USS Dashiell DD 659. Glock 19, Ruger LCP, Ruger .357 Mag.
    When you are at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.

The story:

Omaha police have made one arrest in connection with a robbery Monday night at a Benson Walgreens in which one person was killed.

Douglas County Attorney Don Kleine tells Channel Six News the dead person has been identified as 18-year-old Marquail Thomas of Omaha.

The second suspect is identified as 17 year old Angelo Douglas of 3716 N. 24th. Police records indicate he was arrested for robbery and use of a weapon to commit a felony.

Officers have also cited the person who shot and killed one alleged robber, and subdued the second.

The shooting happened just before 9pm at the Walgreen's at 61st and NW Radial Highway.

Investigators say that two masked suspects entered the Walgreen’s, one armed with a shotgun. The armed suspect had leveled the gun at customers.

One of the customers at the register saw the suspect point the shotgun in the direction of the register where there were several others standing.

That customer has been identified as Harry McCullough, III of Omaha.

Investigators say he drew a handgun from the waistband of his pants and discharged it at Thomas, who was hit multiple times.

Thomas was able to flee from the store but collapsed on the north side of the business. He was transported to the Creighton University Medical Center where he died.

Douglas County Attorney Don Kleine says McCullough was justified in the shooting based on the actions of the suspects and will not face charges in Thomas' death.

Good video report as well... To everyone on the video he was a hero.

Why gig the poor guy for a misdemeanor? He has a valid permit to carry a gun, but they are gonna gig him because it was concealed?

That should be a discretionary call for the prosecutor, and as far as I'm concerned the prosecutor failed miserably!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Good video report as well... To everyone on the video he was a hero.

Why gig the poor guy for a misdemeanor? He has a valid permit to carry a gun, but they are gonna gig him because it was concealed?

That should be a discretionary call for the prosecutor, and as far as I'm concerned the prosecutor failed miserably!
    Acording to the coments on the site:

Omaha Citizen- It appears he did not have a CCW permit, but instead had a permit which allowed him to open carry, meaning he could carry the gun on him legally as long as it was open and visible. Once he concealled it he was in violation of the CCW law. I wonder why he had not gone the extra step to get his CCW permit.
    Being from an OC State I'm amazed. Anyone here on DC know the State Law on this issue?
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Links