Glock 23 rtf w/ Crescent slide serrations

This is a discussion on Glock 23 rtf w/ Crescent slide serrations within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hello everyone. I was wondering if any of you guys in Defensive Carry land can help me out with something. I am in the market ...

Thread: Glock 23 rtf w/ Crescent slide serrations

Hello everyone. I was wondering if any of you guys in Defensive Carry land can help me out with something. I am in the market to buying a Glock. I have never been much of a fan of Glock..mainly because I think they are sort of ugly. Despite this, I have always heard good things about them with regards to accuracy and reliability. Recently, I decided to look into a Glock 23. In my search, I discovered that somewhere out there in the world there is a Glock 23 rtf with crescent slide serrations. This glock model appeared to be different from the old traditional glock. I was wondering if this model is still available as i have heard in other forums that glock decided to drop the crescent serrations as many customers were complaining about the new design. In my opinion, this is one hell of a good looking glock as opposed to some others in the past. I thought this glock would be a fourth generation but in fact it is a 3rd generation. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.
    Remember as a rule of thumb in defensive carry...your intention is always to STOP....not to hurt, however; in a gun fight, its either me or them.....and Im sure as hell that it will NOT be me.
    -joey rh

VIP Member
    RTF2 with the curved serrations - if you find one, grab it. They are not making them any more. I spoke with a rep a while back and was told that the RTF2 will still be made, but with the straight serrations from now on.

Can you say collector's item?
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Did you try racking the slide on the one with curved serrations?
    I hated it!! I prefer mine with the straight serrations, they seem much easier to get a quick grip on.

This is MY personal opinion, your results may vary.

Huh, didnt know they were discontinued. I saw a G19 RTF with the curved serrations in my LGS used for $375 a few weeks back.

Are you looking into that G23 for a carry gun? The reason I ask is because I've heard of people having troubles with the finish rubbing holes in their shirts and in their side. I'm carrying a 4th gen G17 at the moment(which has a "toned down" RTF finish), and I've had no problems with it except for when carried IWB. Then it rubs. And that sucks after just an hour, let alone carrying all day.
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

Sponsored Links