Defensive Carry banner

Finally got out to the range and...

764 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  RoadRunner71 
#1 ·
I've been working on a few issues with my two pistols, a G30 and a CZ-82.

I'd hoped to shoot 200 grn lead SWC reloads in my G30 with a Storm Lake barrel but was having a lot of problems. I took the last 30 rounds I had as well as some 230 LRN and Rem. 230 FMJs to the semi-local public range today.

As expected, the SWCs had numerous FTEs. I've adjusted powder loads, OAL, etc. and have come to the conclusion Glocks just don't like SWCS.

Ran thru a box of the 230 LRNs with H-38 powder, and the little darling ate it up and cried when I ran out. So, lesson learned: Stick with round nose bullets if reloading. Ended up running a box of Rem 230 FMJs thru with nary a hiccup. Confidence on my rusty reloading capabilities is high.

Then I switched to my CZ. I recently tore it apart and DuraCoated it. I ended up reassembling it about six times before I quit forgetting to install something or something finally didn't fall out. A tip for other who decide to disassemble/reassemble a pistol: Stick a piece of blue tape over the ends of those pins and they're quit falling out when you're not looking! Functional check said it was good to go, but you never know!

Ran a box of S&B 95 grn FMJs thru it. Nary a bump. Then I ran a box of 93 grn lead RN reloads thru it. I made the cases from trimmed down 9mm Lugar cases. Again, bang, bang, bang.... There're a lot of gun makers that could take a lesson from CZ, Glock included.:hand5:

The CZ, apparently, will eat anything and beg for more. The only problem it had was it quit firing when empty. Should have brought more shells! This little puppy is going into the carry rotation as soon as I run a couple more boxes thru it and can run down some Hornady SD loads. Seems like they're the only ones who make SD loads in 9x18 Mak.

I did notice that the DuraCoat peeled off the tip of the extractor, but I think that was an "applicator" error :rolleyes: that shouldn't be too hard to strip and redo. I'm still waiting on my wood grips from Marschels, but I'll go ahead and post a couple pics of my handiwork.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.