Defensive Carry banner

Bersa Thunder 9 UC - 2nd time out

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  rednecksport 
#1 ·
Took the Bersa to the "range" (my buddy's farm) for the second time Sunday and put 100 rounds through it. The more I shoot it the more I like it. This is an accurate and smooth shooting gun. I practiced from 10 and 15 yards mostly and was quite impressed with the accuracy. Just for fun, we walked off 35 yards and put the spinner target up (5" steel plate) and out of the 13 round mag I hit it 7 times. Over 50% from 35 yards just the second time out with it. I think it's a keeper. The rear sight needs to be bumped to the right a hair, but I compensated for it for now in how I lined up the front sight relative to the rear sight (front dot just right of center).

Worked on the S&W 442 a bit from 10 yards and I'm improving each time out. It takes time and practice with a snub, but it's getting there. I carry it a lot in the summer, so thought it best to start shooting it more often.

Put 100 rounds through the XD40sc and the accuracy and consistency of this gun is just mind boggling for such a short barrel and short sight radius. It shoots like a much larger handgun. Recoil isn't bad at all for a 40. It's just sweet. If you're looking for a 40 CCW and have a range that you can try one, I'd recommend it.

Just thought I'd post some feedback for these pieces. You don't hear much about the Bersa Thunder 9 UC, but it's a great 9mm if you ever get the chance to shoot one.

See less See more
#2 ·
I've had the chance to play with the Bersa in a gun shop only. I really liked the trigger. I wish it was a little thinner around the grip. A very interesting gun to me. I can't tell you how pleased I am with my XDSC. Thanks for the report!

#4 ·
They're made in a very durable fashion with a metal frame and steel controls. They're not necessarily the prettiest, the lightest, the smallest, or the highest capacity...but they are a great balance of all of these characteristics at a very reasonable price. For a 13+1 capacity 9mm, it's fairly light (14 rounds adds a lot of weight) and fairly small. I like being able to chamber a round and de-cock the hammer and the hammer rests in a quarter cocked position in DA mode (I carry with safety off). I'm surprised I haven't heard more about them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.