Gun issues at my new job

Gun issues at my new job

This is a discussion on Gun issues at my new job within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So, I started my new job on Monday and as soon as I could, I got a copy of the employee manual (Called the “Best ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gun issues at my new job

Gun issues at my new job

So, I started my new job on Monday and as soon as I could, I got a copy of the employee manual (Called the “Best Practices” guide.) I flipped to the Security section and was speed reading to the find the dreaded words “Weapons not allowed on the premises.”

Geeze.

Now I came in to work that day with my gun locked under the back seat of my Jeep.
    Tuesday I decided to leave it home because the lock under the back seat is a cable lock, and the air conditioning is not working on these 90+ degrees days. (For a 10 minute commute, that hot box is hard to take, so I leave the windows down, and just don’t want to leave so little between any thief and my “precious.”) I felt naked all day. Like a bad dream.
    Today, I am taken by my coworker and trainer (A fine young woman) to meet one of the engineers I will be working closely with. As the conversation is winding down he asks her “been to the range lately?”

OMG!!!

She said “No, I’m still thinking about that .357 though. I just don’t know if I like the re-coil. I still shoot my Walther though.”

I don’t remember much else about today at work, except that we (about a dozen people in the office) will spend a (typical) extended lunch at the Cherry Creek Range this coming Monday.

I did ask about that Weapons policy in the Best Practices manual, and they said “It says THAT?” “The CEO brought in his NEW .50 cal a few weeks back and left it in the meeting room for anybody to come by and admire.” “I wouldn’t worry about that manual.”

Now I will pay attention to “that manual,” because the head of HR is known to not like guns.

Nuff said.

I’m getting the AC fixed ASAP, and ordering a gun safe to bolt down under the seat.

Did I tell anybody, I LOVE MY NEW JOB!!? (What Gun issues?)

Oh yah, several CCW’s there too.
    I told one coworker about this forum. (I’ll tell the rest tomorrow. I just hope I can keep my mind on my job now.)
    It’s so much easier now days, to "Love and honor" my wife, when she is armed, and shoots a better group than I do. (Till death do us part, eh?)

“The way you get shot by a concealed weapons permit holder is, you point a gun at him,” the Sheriff said.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    LOL glad things are looking up for you
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Sounds like the perfect place to work!

Well ya know, I just got to thinking. I hope people here don't take it as gloating in case you have an employer like the one that fired me a few months back. (Too many of 'em don't take to guns at all.)

This was just one surprise I wasn't expecting.

So pinch me!
    It’s so much easier now days, to "Love and honor" my wife, when she is armed, and shoots a better group than I do. (Till death do us part, eh?)

“The way you get shot by a concealed weapons permit holder is, you point a gun at him,” the Sheriff said.

Sounds like a nice place to work

We should all be so lucky to work in an environment like that.

Assistant Administrator
    Elk - that sort of surprise - I could live with

Great to hear and hope it all continues thus.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Thanks all.
    I'll let you know how the "Lunch Shoot out" goes.

You know...I wonder if the CEO knows the policy?? If you get a chance similiar to what was described (i.e. CEO bringing in his .50cal), you may want to ask him about having the manual changed. Either delete the "no weapons" phrase (probably won't happen) or replace with "No illegal weapons/Illegal weapons prohibited"

Just a thought.

Mike in VA

Bonus! You like the new job AND you can carry! Not to mention that you have like-minded peers who enjoy the same.
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

Sounds like a good job so far. Any vacancies?

Quote Originally Posted by MarkM
    Sounds like a good job so far. Any vacancies?

Yup!
    They're hiring like crazy right now.
    If you are into designing or building a new technology general aviation airplane or personal jet.
    No aluminum & rivets here, it's all carbon fiber composites.

Sounds like a very safe place to work. Congrats!!

i'm really lucky.

i have my mail order ammo delivered to my work.

Quote Originally Posted by craig45
    i'm really lucky.

i have my mail order ammo delivered to my work.
    LOL!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links