Sad day for me as a gun owner

This is a discussion on Sad day for me as a gun owner within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; There are times in life where you just have to let things go to make things work. As of today I am down to my ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar

There are times in life where you just have to let things go to make things work. As of today I am down to my EDC pistol (Glock 19) and my Remington 870 Wingmaster 12 gauge. I traded my M&P15 for a car to get me to school. I just lost my job at an office supply store so I have no current income. I sold off my Glock 17 today to get money to stay in school. I sold my Remington 870 Express to a buddy of mine because he really wanted a good home defense weapon but didn't have much money so I cut him a deal by selling him the gun, a side saddle, and 12 rounds of 00 buck for $200.

So yeah most of my gun collection is gone. I can only hope and pray that I'll get an employer that is willing to work with me no matter what and start rebuilding my gun collection. I guess the fact of the matter is I'm okay with what I have, a shotgun and a pistol. It just sucks having to get rid of guns to get money.

I really dislike our monetary system.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Atleast you have the best most reliable pistol, IMHO.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Hang in there! Things are bound to improve before too long!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SubNine View Post
    It just sucks having to get rid of guns to get money.

I really dislike our monetary system.
    It's not our monetary system that is at fault. If we didn't use money you would have had to do the same trade only for something else. Nothing is free.

However, our economical situation is in trouble as is the job market. You are not the only one who has posted lately about selling guns to live. I did it as well. Lost all but one pistol. Still at one pistol and finally working but it will be a while to recover.

Good luck.
    “I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.”
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Wish you the best. Keep your head up!

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Sadly, I too know how you feel. I experienced a very similar situation back in my younger days.

I don't have any great words of wisdom to offer, just that hopefully someday you'll look back at this time and refer to it as your "character building period".

Hang in there.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Sorry to hear about your money problems...At least you have the right idea and doing what you can to stay in school. Stay focused on school and things will change....
    Nothing says more about how you feel, than a lead flower.

I've been there, and survived.
    Just remember when you do get back up on your feet that firearms may be bulkier but they are easy to liquidate than gold or silver, so you have one more reason to stock back up.
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws... serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Cesare Beccaria

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    Yeah thanks... I know I'm not the only one. I'm only 25 years old so there is much I have to learn but I feel older for some reason lol.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

SubNine, most of us have been in similar situations. I had to sell most of mine, fishing boat, and house to go to school at 32. You think 25 is bad, try starting over at 36. Hang in there what you are doing is the greater good.
    For a man interested only in passin' through, he suddenly found himself entangled in a deadly struggle….

ad utrumque paratus

Good Luck to ALL
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Senior Member Array Shadowsbane's Avatar
    I ain't far from that either really. Don't worry, it does get better.

Try working at your college. Generally dining halls always need people and they tend to work around college classes pretty well. Also free food helps cut down on bills.
    Last edited by Shadowsbane; May 11th, 2010 at 09:32 PM. Reason: edited for suggestions.
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

www.Lonelymountainleather.com

VIP Member
    Hang in there. I sold everything I had to finish my last semester. It was well worth it.

Try starting over at 49!
    It keeps getting harder, trust me.
    This is the law;
    The purpose of fighting is to win.
    There is no possible victory in defense.
    The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either.
    The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental. - John Steinbeck

Like others I too was at that place in a life past.

Sold my then one and only firearm to cover rent.
    That was 16 yrs. ago.
    Look forward...You'll have opportunity to buy more guns as time marches on. Just don't move to the UK, or DC.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links