Desert Eagle pistols??? - Page 2

Desert Eagle pistols???

This is a discussion on Desert Eagle pistols??? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Andy W. Not all of them are. MICRO EAGLE If you'll pay close attention to the OP's post, he's looking at the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy W. View Post
    Not all of them are.

MICRO EAGLE
    If you'll pay close attention to the OP's post, he's looking at the .44 Mag version, not a .380. BIG diff in size.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I know a guy who CC'd one. I didn't think he could pull it off but he could. And you guys can go on about how they really aren't that cool, but if you think your .45 1911 would make someone think twice, think about what a .50 the size of the DE would make them think.
    Last edited by paaiyan; May 13th, 2010 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Grammar
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Friend of mine has one in 44 mag. We had some 6" steel targets set up 100 yrds away for 22 rifle. He dinged it 3 of 5 shots while standing. I was impressed w/ the shooting. Don't know if it was the shooter or the gun. I suspect it was a little of each.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. Albert Einstein

"People in Arizona carry guns," said a Chandler police spokesman. "You better be careful about who you are picking on."

Quote Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
    Still DO NOT like the flush trigger guard/barrel. Too easy to let the weak hand slide up under recoil and shoot your own index finger off. If you "teacup" then go for it!
    I must be to new because I don't know what "teacup" is.

Desert Eagle pistols???
    Good Lord....love to have one myself! 50AE is what I'm thinking!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikhail View Post
    I must be to new because I don't know what "teacup" is.
    I'm thinking pinky out=like with a dinky teacup.
    For a man interested only in passin' through, he suddenly found himself entangled in a deadly struggle….

ad utrumque paratus

I have a friend with one and I've shot it a couple of times. His is not really reliable with factory ammo. He handloads for it and it likes max loads to function reliably. It is accurate and seems well made and is fun to shoot. The sheer size serves to dampen the recoil and it is very pleasant to shoot, even with his maxed out handloads.

The local gun store used to rent them, but they stopped and told me it was because they had to send it back to the factory for repair all the time. They can't handle heavy use, according to the store owner. A friend of mine from TX has one in .44 as well, and he tells me it is a useless novelty gun. He will always keep it for the novelty of it, but there is no real use for it. All that being said, I wouldn't mind having one, even though I would probably use it once a year, if that....

Senior Member Array mech1369dlw's Avatar
    We have a young soldier that comes to our range on Ft. Riley once in a while. He carries a large brief case when he comes. Open it up in bright sunlight and it will blind you. Everything is gold colored. Everything is way oversized. I have oversized hands and even I have trouble wrapping my hands around the thing. It shoots 50 AE, 44 mag and .357 mag. Barrels look to be around 10" or so. It has 1 frame and 3 of every thing else. 3 barrels, 3 springs and a bunch of little items.

I can't think of one time that he has been able to shoot more than 3 rounds in a row with that oversized piece of metal. Always has something wrong with it. Never feeds the next round. Very seldom extracts the casings. He said he got it because he could. I am sure he paid a couple months pay for it. It is a nice rig to look at, but in my mind it is a worthless piece of junk.
    A person is justified in the use of deadly force, if such person reasonably believes deadly force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to such person or a third person.

Thanks guys. I decided to pass on the Desert Eagle. The last thing I want to do is trade 2 fantastic pistols for something I will end up regretting. Thanks for all your input.
    ‘‘The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.’’ — James Earl Jones, Actor

Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    And you guys can go on about how they really aren't that cool, but if you think your .45 1911 would make someone think twice, think about what a .50 the size of the DE would make them think.
    A gun pointed at me is a gun pointed at me. The only difference would be that I'd think to myself, "Great, I'm about to get shot by someone with horrible taste in guns."

Quote Originally Posted by torgo1968 View Post
    A gun pointed at me is a gun pointed at me. The only difference would be that I'd think to myself, "Great, I'm about to get shot by someone with horrible taste in guns."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links