1911 - 22lr
This is a discussion on 1911 - 22lr within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by BugDude
... So now my local shop is carrying a relatively inexpensive 1911 model in a 22lr caliber. The Chiappa 1911-22. I've ...
May 22nd, 2010 04:15 PM
BugDude ... My Chiappa 1911-22 just rolled over the 5,400 round mark yesterday. My thoughts (good and bad) are as follows:
Originally Posted by BugDude
1. The fit of all the components is pretty decent for a gun in this price range and is easy to field strip and maintain (note here that according to the manual, you have to file the front sight a bit to get it sighted in properly, which was no big deal)
2. The finish is a little dull and fragile but certainly adequate.
3. While clearly not as accurate as my MKIII512, it will easily hold sub 2" groups up to about 45' (my old eyes don't work well past that point without optics )
4. The trigger has a clean break but was a little heavier than I expected (mine has been lightened to about 6 lbs)
5. Other than a few stove pipes, it functioned flawlessly for the first 4,000 rounds.
6. At about 4,000 rounds the slide stopped locking back on the empty mag about 80% of the time, and when it did, the slide would slam forward as I removed the empty mag or inserted the next one. Since I live only a few miles from the Chiappa factory, I took it in for service. The gunsmith fixed it while I waited by replacing the recoil spring plunger and slide lock with redesigned components (he indicated that some of the early models had this problem).
The good news (so far) is that in the 1,400 rounds since the repair, it has functioned perfectly.
Bottom line for me ... this little gun is a lot of fun and definately is a good little plinker for the money IMHO. Hope it helped ... Good luck with your decision!
We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.
May 22nd, 2010 04:15 PM
May 22nd, 2010 05:00 PM
I was just looking at a Chiappa Puma today, I wouldn't mind having one for cheap practice as I'm now carrying a 1911 on duty although after seeing the Colt I may hold out 'til November.
Never forget. Never forgive.
By C hawk Glock in forum Defensive Carry Guns
Last Post: September 7th, 2010, 08:51 PM
By ramrunnr in forum General Firearm Discussion
Last Post: July 18th, 2010, 09:06 AM
By atctimmy in forum General Firearm Discussion
Last Post: April 16th, 2010, 12:14 PM
By Pure Kustom in forum Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics
Last Post: June 20th, 2009, 02:48 AM
By RoadRunner71 in forum Defensive Carry Guns
Last Post: April 4th, 2009, 03:59 AM
Search tags for this page
1911 compact 22lr coversions
best 22 lr ammo for colt 1911 conversion
chiappa 1911 22 lr compact
chiappa 1911-22 recoil spring plunger
chiappa 1911-22 replacement recoil spring plunger
chiappa 1911-22 semi-auto .22 lr tack driver
chiappa firearms double eagle derringer discussion
defensive tactics 22lr
springfield 1911 22lr
springfield 1911 22rimfire pistol
what 1911 22lr is the same size as a 1911 45
Click on a term to search for related topics.