high capacity plinker (not a 10/22)

This is a discussion on high capacity plinker (not a 10/22) within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; My experience, few joys beat plinking .22 lrs. One added joy is just pulling the trigger as fast as I can to see how many ...

Thread: high capacity plinker (not a 10/22)

My experience, few joys beat plinking .22 lrs. One added joy is just pulling the trigger as fast as I can to see how many rounds I can get on the target shooting as fast as I can. If only I could increase the rounds in the mag, boy would that be fun.

10/22 high capacity magazines, the flaw is the rim of the round, and it really is not the magazines fault. It is like hammering a screw, sure it can be done, but not the intended purpose.

Over the last few years I keep getting burned on 10/22 high capacity magazines. I see it, I avoid the purchase, it rattles around, then sooner or later around this time of year I end up buying one, only to be frustrated with another junk mag (normally around 7/4, as I love to plink on the 4th). Right now, it is the TI25 alum w/steel lip 25 round at $30 to $50.

I live in the limited world of what I know. .22 LR ammo is just fun and cheap. Something like .223 is fun and easy on the wallet (but I can't call it cheap).

Pulling asside the typical reload conversations, or air rifles, is there something between a .22 lr and a .223 rem that can be used for plinking but costs less than .223 (maybe something rimless to allow fewer jams with high capacity mags)?

Is it just the 10/22, should I be looking at other .22 lr rifles that offer better high capacity mag offerings?

I know about the Calico (I think they make a semi-auto with Helical Magazine), and while pricey, is this they only sure option?
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

Lead Moderator
    Some of the issues will never be fixed. I don't think the 10/22 is any worse than other .22 rifles in feeding . The ammo is unreliable . Have you visited the 10/22 forums to get a better idea what mags may work best?
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

GSG-5 has a 110 round drum coming out.
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

Sponsored Links