Glock 26 opinions needed

Glock 26 opinions needed

This is a discussion on Glock 26 opinions needed within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; To those of you who have experience with the Glock 26,do you like it? I like the size and have read very little negative about ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock 26 opinions needed

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar

Glock 26 opinions needed

To those of you who have experience with the Glock 26,do you like it? I like the size and have read very little negative about it. I watched a YouTube video and it appears high capacity mags from certain other Glock models will fit? True?

Thanks

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    AFAIK, any glock magazine will work with any glock, with the exception of Generation IV. (And the calibers match, of course.) They changed the magazine release on the Gen IV models, so the mags aren't interchangeable.

So yes, a larger 9mm glock mag (Gen 1-3) will work in a Gen 1-3 G26. Glock does that on purpose.

Now, the G26, I don't own one, but my HPD buddy does. I'm not crazy about it. It doesn't suit me. I don't care for Glocks. Just my personal opinion.

And you will have a hard time finding stories of glocks failing. Especially a 9mm Glock. I would think they are one of the most reliable semi-automatics made. (Some will argue they are THE most reliable.)

Before you get a G26, at least look at the Springfield XD 9 subcompact and the S&W M&P 9 compact. That way you at least looked at other options.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.stuart View Post
    To those of you who have experience with the Glock 26,do you like it? I like the size and have read very little negative about it. I watched a YouTube video and it appears high capacity mags from certain other Glock models will fit? True?

Thanks

I've had my Glock 26 for about 2 years now and I love it! To answer your question about the magazines, yes, the high capacity 9mm mags do fit in the G26. I have two 15 round magazines and three 10 round magazines that I use in my G26. Obviously I only use the 15 round magazines while at the range.... I wouldn't use them for EDC because I wouldn't be able to conceal the protruding magazine.

The only thing I don't like about the Glock is the take down levers.... they are a pain in the butt because they are nearly flush with the side of the gun.... meaning you have to use your fingernails to dig in and pull them down. I use a rubber jar gripper instead as I'm a woman and don't want my fingernails shredded. Another member here mentioned they have replacement levers you can install that extend a little further making it easier.... but I just deal with it. That's honestly my only complaint. I love my Baby Glock

VIP Member
    The G26 is perhaps the "gold standard" of sub-compact 9mms. There is very little bad to say about them, save perhaps that - as double stacks - they are wider than some other pistols in the same category. Of course, for that extra width you get extra rounds, so....

That said, I would also look at the G19 (and similar XD/M&P models if they suit you). For no extra width and not too much extra height/length, you have one of the finest CC/multi-purpose handguns ever made.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    No G26 but a G30. Have only heard of good from those who own them in 99.99% of cases. One Glock is pretty much the same as another except in overall size. I find fieldstripping the Glock very easy. Takes about one second. I did, however, replace the slide stop lever (the one that locks the slide back when empty) for my personal preference. Other than that, all stock.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I love my G26 ,but make sure the finger groves fit your hand because
    for some people it a deal breaker.
    For me its a great fit .
    This is mine at 15 yards, off hand shooting.

Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

I love my G26! Got it for Christmas last year and it's rarely out of my sight or reach. It should be the standard by which all sub 9's are rated, just my opinion. And to reaffirm mags from the 19's and 17's work just fine as gold. Just take your pick the 26=10 rds, 19 =15rds, and the 17=17 rds. They all work well in the 26, just got some mag hanging down with the higher cap's. I carry with the standard 10 in mine with whatever suits me for spares. Hope that helps. Lot's of excellent little nines out there. Whatever you like..
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

I agree with Opfor, my 19 is almost as small as a 26, but it fits perfect in my hand, holds 15 rounds and is one of the top 9mm handguns out there, i would never trade my 19 for anything

Quote Originally Posted by ASSA9 View Post
    I love my G26 ,but make sure the finger groves fit your hand because
    for some people it a deal breaker.
    For me its a great fit .
    This is mine at 15 yards, off hand shooting.

Nice coyote brown you got there or desert, i cant tell xD
    “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” Albert Pike

Thanks
    I don't have one. The smallest Glock I like is the 19/23 size.

That having been said, somebody (Pierce?) makes an adapter which fastens onto a longer Glock magazine, filling the gap between the bottom of the grip and the floor plate so that when used in the smaller guns, there's no play. I've seen them at gunshows here.

Quote Originally Posted by SpencerB View Post
    I agree with Opfor, my 19 is almost as small as a 26, but it fits perfect in my hand, holds 15 rounds and is one of the top 9mm handguns out there, i would never trade my 19 for anything
    I agree 100% I plan on buying a 19 in the next few months to keep my 26 company. My 26 is a bit small but I have small hands. The 19 does fit me better, but no problem with my 26 either. They both rock!
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

Quote Originally Posted by bsnow View Post
    I agree 100% I plan on buying a 19 in the next few months to keep my 26 company. My 26 is a bit small but I have small hands. The 19 does fit me better, but no problem with my 26 either. They both rock!
    You might want to consider a Glock 23 and an extra 9mm barrel. A friend did this and it's worked out quite well for him.

I really like my Glock 19, but if I'd been aware of the possibility at the time, I probably would have gone that route.

Glock 26 opinions needed

Thanks
    What are going to use it for? Concealed carry or other? I have a 27. It is easy to shoot and easy to conceal. I have only put 150 FMJ and HPs through mine. May be foolish but I still trust it without a break in period. But that's why BUG is a snubby.
    NRA, Lifetime Member

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CDRGlock View Post
    What are going to use it for? Concealed carry or other? I have a 27. It is easy to shoot and easy to conceal. I have only put 150 FMJ and HPs through mine. May be foolish but I still trust it without a break in period. But that's why BUG is a snubby.
    Yes, concealed carry.I have an XD9sc,which is a great gun. I want a Glock because of their reputation of durability. In the past,I purchased some less expensive brands,unfortunately. Like most people,I do not really need one,but can you have too many?

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    You might want to consider a Glock 23 and an extra 9mm barrel. A friend did this and it's worked out quite well for him.

I really like my Glock 19, but if I'd been aware of the possibility at the time, I probably would have gone that route.
    Very good option. But for what I have in the way of ammo and availability here where I live 9mm works better. I think I will stick with my plan. While I like the 40's as in the G23, it's not practical for me and my wife. I do have two 40's and ammo to feed them, but it's getting to be a bit $$$ to keep them satisfied. I have more room to operate with 9mm.

Again you offer a good plan. Just maybe someone else would benefit more than me and my lady.. Thanks!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links